The position of Transportation Analyst will provide transportation management support to this new facility as well all Easton Bell Sports (EBS) divisions and can reside in either our Rantoul, IL or Irving, TX locations reporting to the Domestic Logistics Manager.
Easton-Bell Sports is building a modern new distribution, assembly and shared services center in Rantoul, Illinois. The new center will be home to the company’s current 300 team members and serve as one of the company’s primary North American sites for assembling, distributing and servicing products from its market-leading sports brand portfolio.
This 800,000 square-foot structure will include advanced technology and design capable of producing shorter lead times for customer orders, the highest quality order shipments, and a world-class employee experience with amenities including a new café, fitness center, and more.
- Learns the export documentation requirements and assists EBS locations to assure all requirements are met.
- Provides freight classification information for SAP item setup. Cleans up old and incomplete data and provides accurate classifications for entry to SAP.
- Prepares, submits and keeps updated NAFTA Certificates of Origin for qualifying shipments to Canada and Mexico.
- Collects freight claim data from all EBS locations and identifies areas for further review such as packaging problems, carrier issues, etc… Communicates the areas of concern for further action.
- Collects information for domestic transportation SOP’s and assists in documenting the SOP and distributing to the people that will use the SOP.
- Works with Corporate Safety to assure required HazMat training and certification is accomplished and maintains HazMat training records for all EBS locations.
- Using weekly/monthly KPI reporting identifies service improvement/ cost reduction opportunities. Recommends and helps implement adjustments to processes to optimize our transportation spend.
- Receives weekly transportation reports and sets up for analysis by transportation team. Sets up data for KPI reporting. Runs ad hoc reports to be used for various analyses.
- Arranges all Trade Show shipments for EBS by coordinating the equipment requirements and strict pickup and delivery schedules mandated by the trade shows. Also arranges the return shipments after the show. Communicates the shipment status to the EBS Trade Show Coordinator.
- Provides daily support for EBS locations with no on site transportation person. Support includes arranging domestic and export shipments to assure we are receiving the required service at the lowest rates. Tracks shipments with critical delivery times and communicates status to key people that need to know.
Education and Training:
- Relevant College degree and/or a minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Transportation Industry preferred.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with TMS systems and SAP preferred
- Will be required to become certified in hazmat shipping under the regulations of DOT 49CFR, IATA (air shipping) and IMDG (ocean).
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently within deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience using SAP
Easton-Bell Sports - 23 months ago
Afraid your favorite athlete might take a knockin' on the noggin? Easton-Bell Sports (EBS) products can help soften the blow. A leading...