JOB FAMILY: MANAGER
OCCUPATIONAL GROUP: MANAGER
OCCUPATION: COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL SERVICE MANAGERS
All responses provided to the qualifying questions for this vacancy advertisement must be verifiable on your State of Florida employment application
This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit.
“Incumbents may be required to work before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency. This may include working in a special needs or Red Cross shelter, or performing other emergency duties including, but not limited to, responses to or threats involving any disaster or threat of disaster, man-made or natural. Emergency duties may also include in-state and/or out-of-state deployment”.
Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website:
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Social Work or a health related field
- 5 years of experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS
- 1 year of experience in implementing sexual health programs for men
- 1 year of experience in developing population specific social marketing campaigns
- 1 year of supervisory experience
The Florida Department of Health in Broward County MSM Coordinator is responsible for program development and coordination of high impact prevention initiatives for the MSM community. The incumbent will provide leadership and vision for the goal of reducing the number of new HIV infections in MSM in Broward County. The incumbent will report to the Director of the STD/HIV/AIDS Prevention Program. Serves as the Prevention Program lead on HIV prevention issues related to men who have sex with men (MSM) and prevention for positives. Provides leadership and support to the MSM Committee of the Broward HIV Prevention Planning Council including setting meeting agendas, coordinating meeting logistics, ensuring minutes and reports are documented. Identifies effective science based prevention interventions and strategies for targeted populations.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of health care service objectives, compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise people.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to develop various reports.
- Ability to manage a service program.
- Ability to assess budgetary needs.
- Ability to assess program policies and procedures in relation to client needs.
- Ability to manage program budgets.
- Ability to formulate policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct service program activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
PeopleFirst Florida HR - 17 months ago