Associate SW Engineer Undergrad Internship (Job Number: 130313)
Location - United States-TX-Austin
Organization - Technology
Job - Business/Proj. Mgt.
Global Distributed Technology Product Division
The Global Distributed Technology Product Division is responsible for enabling technology and processes to manage Visa data assets and deliver Value Added Information Products and Services to our customers. The V.me team focuses on development of new Internet and mobile technology services. Projects for this development team utilize new and emerging technologies in an Agile Environment to maximize the products’ benefits
The intern will be involved in hands-on projects with Visa V.me and will be exposed to a range of projects and products.
During the assignment, they will partner with V.me staff (Internal Leadership Facing, Consumer Facing, and Commercial Facing).
Location: Austin, TX
- Identify appropriate solutions and designs that will best prepare the company to meet future business objectives
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Ensures inclusion of Visa’s business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa’s business.
- Work closely with developers during project implementation and execution
- This job requires about 50% time programming (POC, code reviews, implementation) and remainder on design and managing projects
- Graduating with a Bachelors degree in 2014- 2015. Preferred majors include: Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Preferred 1-2 years related experience: Python, Java, J2EE, Ruby on Rails and/or Spring.
- Ability to deliver with high quality and attention to detail,
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills with an ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners.
- All applicants must have appropriate work authorization. The company will not sponsor visa applications.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than...