Barracuda Networks is looking for an experienced Perl/Linux developer to help make our Virtual Appliances even more awesome. The industry leader in Virtual Appliance compatibility, our Virtual Appliances will run on over a dozen VM environments and we're looking to add even more! As a Software Engineer working on Virtual Appliances, your duties will include:
This is a challenging role that requires mostly Perl development on Linux and absolutely requires a keen understanding of what virtualization environments provide and require. If you can answer the following questions, you have an idea of what we mean:
- Further develop our industry-leading multi-hypervisor Virtual Appliance packaging system
- Help port more hardbox (physical) appliances to virtual ones
- Implement new management and VM-specific product features
- Provide technical consulting to product teams on VM issues
- Troubleshoot the occasional escalation from product teams and/or tech support
What benefits do installing the guest tools provide on VMware ESXi? What about Xen?
What's the difference between HVM mode and paravirtualized mode?
What processor feature(s) make HVM mode possible?
Experience and/or education:
- Ninjaesque perl skills. Make sure you're comfortable with both perltoot(3p) and perlre(3p)
- Semi-ninjaesque Linux skills. Folks that haven't compiled a custom Linux kernel need not apply
- Experience with collaborative/open-source-style development with e.g., git or subversion
- Some significant experience with at least one (preferably more) commercial hypervisors such as VMware ESX/ESXi, XenServer, Microsoft
- Hyper-V, etc. KVM+libvirt works, too
We like open-source partisans. A lot. If you've worked on something on GitHub or SourceForge or Google Code or CPAN, that's a serious plus.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field. Extra experience working in the field MAY substitute if you're really amazing
- 3 or more years experience as a professional software engineer
- Significant time working with Perl on Linux
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com . Please place "Req Linux Software Engineer" in the subject line.
Barracuda Networks hunts down network threats. The company provides firewalls that combine computer network hardware and software to protect...