The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Nebraska National Guard
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
This position is located in the Operations and Training Division of an Army National Guard Major Training Area (MTA). The purpose of this position is to manage and direct the activities of the Operational and Training Division assuring ranges, training facilities, training aids and devices are available to users of the training site.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: Greenlief Training Site, Hastings, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status (Excepted Service) Enlisted position only.
Open Area of Consideration: 1, 2
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1- Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army and Air National Guard and
Area 2 - All members of the Nebraska Army National Guard and personnel eligible to become members of the Nebraska Army National Guard.
Referral of Applicants: Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1 applicants.
2. Fully qualified Area 2 applicants.
- Military membership in the Nebraska Army National Guard is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Individuals with military incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment.
- Permanent Change of Station Benefits will not be paid.
(1) Formulates long and short range plans for the development of range facilities and the training area. Develops input for the MTA's five year range development plan, to include justifications for construction, programming documents, maps, overlays, and sketches. Develops program documents for funding standard target systems and remote engagement target systems identified for use on range facilities programmed in the five year range development plan. Develops other associate programs of construction and budget estimates.
(2) Coordinates with user organizations for use of MTA ranges and training facilities. Reviews and approves schedules to insure maximum training opportunities. Coordinates with using organizations to assist in obtaining support if not available at MTA, with units having requested support capabilities.
(3) Prepares budget requirements for submission to support manday, training, schools and travel for the Operations and Training Division.
(4) Conducts surveys of users to assess adequacy of existing facilities to meet training requirements, and reviews the installation five year plan to ensure it meets existing and future requirements.
(5) Reviews plans, specifications, architectural and engineering documents for range facilities to assure conformity with doctrine and for compliance with DA range safety criteria.
(6) Reviews plans for army aviation, airborne, and NBC Training conducted at the MTA to assure compliance with established safety and local operational procedures. When required, recommends alternatives to best meet training objectives within safety parameters.
(7) Develops installation policies and regulations governing range safety, training, medical evacuation and other emergency procedures.
(8) Based on projected availability of the latest simulation devices, determines and recommends suitable facilities for use as simulation centers.
(9) Develops guidelines for the preparation of training programs for personnel and elements assigned or attached to the MTA or installation support unit (ISU). Oversees the processing of applications for service schools and formal technician courses.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be qualifying, experience must have been progressively responsible with increasingly difficult and complex duties. Experience must have been at the next lower or second lower grade or its non-federal equivalent.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of principles or organization, management and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 24 months specialized experience, education or training in any position that required compiling reports, letters, memorandums, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information. Applicant must have experience providing technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or comparable work of the position to be filled. Applicant must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of administration procedures and practices or management. Experience developing administrative procedures. Progressively responsible experience which demonstrates the ability to provide technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled. Experience in the performance of any clerical or office type duties.
1. Skilled in oral and written communication.
2. Ability to give specific technical guidance relative to this particular program.
3. Ability to perform a variety of administrative duties relative to a particular program.
4. Skills in the performance of standard clerical/office type duties.
NOTE: REGARDING QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignment must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possess of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: The successful completion of a full 4 year course in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's degree is qualifying at the GS-05 level. Completion of courses such as the Officer Advanced Course, Squadron Officer School, Command and Staff College, Air and Army War College, National Security Management Course and others of comparable level will be credited at the rate of 1 month of education for two months of specialized experience. NOTE: If you are using education as a substitution of experience OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualification, YOU MUST SUBMIT copies of college transcripts when required. Failure to provide college transcripts when required will result in an ineligible rating. NOTE: The Nebraska National Guard HRO has a document entitled "Secrets to Getting a Technician Job"; you are encouraged to follow the link provided if you are interested. http://ne.ng.mil/ArmyGuard/Tech%20Branch%20Documents/SecretstoGettingaTechnicianJob1.pdf
REMEMBER: Military training directly related to the type of work of the position may be substituted on a day for day basis.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications. Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
Note: Please ensure that your resume contains the basic information outlined under the Applying for a Federal Job link: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of612.pdf
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
MILITARY GRADES: Maximum Military Grade E7; Minimum Military Grade E5 ; Military grade inversion within the full time work force is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of the personnel supervised. NOTE: Over-grade applicants will be considered, but will be required to reduce in rank prior to appointment.
Compatible Military Assignments: Warrant Officer - 011A; Enlisted - 00* predominate MOS of organization
Individual does not have to be currently assigned to one of these career fields to be considered for this position; however compatibility requirements must be met prior to appointment to the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main New Employee Website - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, and Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...