SUMMARY: The Automation/Controls Engineering Intern implements and supports a broad variety of automated control systems for GMCR’s manufacturing systems at all sites. These systems range in scope from relay logic to advanced HMI - PLC based systems within coffee roasting/processing and packaging environments. Please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Support the implementation of all GMCR automation systems including PLC, HMI, SCADA, robots, data acquisition, and industrial networks.
- Support the checkout, commissioning, and optimization of equipment.
- Assist with the development of PLC, HMI, and SCADA systems as needed to support the operation and integration of manufacturing equipment systems.
- Assist in change control, systems backups, and system documentation.
- Enhance business continuity through industry standards and good engineering practices.
- Interface with and support other GMCR Engineering Disciplines.
- Interface with and support manufacturing personnel as needed to support automated systems and processes.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements as defined by GMCR.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering program at an accredited college.
- Interest in industrial automation and process control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills are required and an understanding of computer networking is a plus. Experience with AutoCAD, MS Excel and MS databases is preferred.
- Knowledge of PLC programming, process control, and robotics is preferred.
- Previous work in an engineering/technical environment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel as needed 30%. Must have reliable transportation to be able to travel and work on occasion at each of the various Vermont Operations sites.
- Ability to work hours outside of routine schedule as necessary.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
Depending on the position for which you are applying, offers of employment made by the company are contingent upon satisfactory completion of one or all of the following: a background investigation, education verification, reference check, credit report and a basic pre-employment medical examination to determine whether you are able to perform the essential functions of your position, with or without reasonable accommodation. You may also be required to take a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful passage of that test. Details regarding the drug and alcohol test shall be provided to you under separate cover and you will be required to provide a signed acknowledgement of receipt of GMCR’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (~50% of the workday)
- Some time spent in the manufacturing environment for testing, installation and troubleshooting purposes. (~50% of the workday).
GMCR is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 4 months ago
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (GMCR, Inc.) is engaged in the specialty coffee industry. The Company sells over 100 whole bean and gro...