Founded in 1952 and beginning formal operations in 1959, University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center is a 225-bed, non-profit acute care facility providing a full range of services to residents in Geauga, Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Lake, Portage and Trumbull counties in Northeast Ohio. University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center provides care in more than 40 clinical specialties, including the Harrington-McLaughlin Heart & Vascular Institute, stroke accredited Neurological Institute, Spine and Orthopaedics, Surgical Services including Bariatric Surgery, Ireland Cancer Center at Geauga Medical Center and Womens Health, plus a chest pain accredited state of the art Emergency Department featuring Rainbow Kids’ Care and Pediatric Observation Unit. Our Womens Health Center has the 24/7 back up of University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Childrens neonatologists, physicians and 24-hour OB house officer staff.
Recognized as the leading healthcare resource in Geauga County, University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center is focused on a clear vision of exceeding patient expectations by developing advanced, community-based health care services. At the heart of this vision is a relentless passion for providing excellence and improving care through education, training, technology and cost efficiency.
Provides safe efficient age specific support services under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
1. Assists with technical responsibilities in operative and non-operative procedures.
2. Provides age specific patient care delegated by the Registered Nurse.
3. Assures instruments and supplies are available and in working condition to maintain a safe and infection-free environment.
4. Processes surgical instruments for intraoperative and delivery use
5. Maintains supplies and stocks operating rooms and patient care areas
6. Facilitates communication on the Division and between departments.
Experience working in a hospital setting, surgical suite, or clinical technical assistant preferred. Bed, wheelchair, division specific equipment, surgical armamentarium
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Ohio Practical Nurse License, Certificate from Operating Room Technician program or Medical Assistant program preferred.
University Hospitals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Caring for patients and their families. Advancing medical knowledge, technologies and practices. Developing and educating the next...