Assist classroom teacher(s) in the delivery of instruction. May provide instructional support to individuals, small groups, the entire class, or other configurations of students, as directed by the teacher, necessary to support quality teaching and learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist students in accomplishing the teacher’s daily educational objectives. May provide support in the form of individualized instruction, tutoring, guided practice, translation (if applicable), or other techniques, as guided by the teacher. May assist in delivering instruction under the direct supervision of the teacher.
• Assist the teacher in maintaining a safe and secure environment in the classroom; may include assisting in communication of behavior and conduct expectations, administering discipline, and support for the implementation of classroom or school-wide behavior management systems.
• Attend parent/teacher conferences as needed to support the teacher in communicating with parents about student performance, behavior, or other topics.
• May occasionally provide non-teaching support by assembling materials, making copies, monitoring recess, supervising lunch, etc. (if permitted by relevant funding requirements.)
• In the temporary absence of the teacher, may provide classroom instruction, following the teacher's lesson plans or other directions.
• Maintain accurate and complete records as required. Maintain the confidentiality of student records and student information. Complete any documentation necessary for the academy to be in compliance with regulatory requirements, such as time and effort reporting.
• May serve as an active member of teams such as grade-level, school-wide planning, school improvement or other areas of focus.
• May participate in extracurricular activities such as coaching, clubs, student government, tutoring, enrichment activities, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Evidence of successful experience in student and parent relations.
• Good general reading, writing and math sills as evidenced by meeting No Child Left Behind requirements for Para-Professionals (specifically an associate’s degree, 60 college credits, or passing scores on an equivalent state-approved assessment).
• Demonstrated proficiency in an instructional support capacity, as acquired through prior experience in tutoring, teaching or similar work experience in education.
The Leona Group - 19 months ago