SSL is the leading provider of commercial satellites worldwide. At the forefront of the aerospace industry, we build some of the world’s most powerful and complex satellites and spacecraft systems. We create innovative solutions to meet our customers growing communications needs, including direct-to-home television, satellite radio, broadband internet services, mobile and emergency communications, and weather forecasting. We support commercial and government customers around the world, including SiriusXM Radio, DIRECTV, Dish Network, and the U.S. Government.
The company’s reputation as a world leader is the result of its unparalleled commitment to performance and reliability, combining today’s advanced technologies with space-proven heritage designs. Billions of people depend on SSL-built satellites every day. A career with SSL could shape your future in ways that you've never imagined.
SSL has export control and security issues that require attention to the citizenship status of every individual who performs work on its behalf. All jobs at SSL require that the employee either be a United States Citizen, Permanent Resident of the United States, an Asylee, or a Refugee. SSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Perform Teamcenter administration, issues resolutions, manage user needs, utilities and compliance needs.
• Maintain the PLM organizational structure within Teamcenter Engineering software for all user accounts, groups, roles and administration.
• Install and configure Teamcenter Unified 9.x in a multi-tier environment.
• Integration with Pro/E and SAP ECC & SAP CAMS; Plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing.
• Creates specifications and automates testing scripts for systems to meet business requirements.
• Analyzes functional areas to determine requirements for new systems and/or improvements to existing systems
• Participates in cross-functional teams to address business or systems issues
• Ability to solve technical/functional issues and quickly come up solution, architecture, technical design, and POC.
• Work independently, or as part of a team, to analyze and resolve operational and project issues with the SAP environment, work with other Database Administrators in resolving common hardware, operating system and database problems and other duties as required.
• Install, upgrade, and perform patch applications for SAP and Siemens software products on RedHat Linux and Windows 2008R2.
• Install, upgrade, and configure Oracle WebLogic or IBM WebSphere on Linux.
• Install, upgrade, configure, and maintain RedHat Linux and Windows 2008R2 servers.
• Support and configure CAD/ERP interfaces, working closely with the CAD / PLM support team.
• Perform tuning and performance monitoring of Siemens applications as needed.
• Contribute to IT strategies by staying up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
• Provide tier 2 support for Customer Services and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Work with IT personnel to deal with day-to-day issues and to plan upgrades and other projects.
• Respond to issues nights and weekends as needed, requiring carrying a smartphone 24/7
• Perform root cause analysis to resolve issues quickly in a complex IT environment
• 5+ years Teamcenter Engineering or Unified, UGNX CAD systems installation, administration and support experience
• 2+ years in Teamcenter migration
• 5+ years PLM-ERP Integration implementation. Experience in ERP-PLM-CAD, Pro/E integration solution and deployments.
• Working knowledge/experience with Teamcenter and ERP integration with SAP CAMS and/or Oracle Apps
• 5+ years of experience managing TCP/IP based networks, enterprise applications, and databases
(MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL, and Oracle.)
• Experience with SOX and change control process.
• 5-7 years Linux administration, RedHat Linux required.
• 2-3 years Windows administration.
• 5-7 years NetApp hardware / software experience.
• 3-5 years VMWare experience.
• Strong communication skills (written and presentation)
• Strong project management and time management skills
• Application and customer support Experience required
• Experience working with PLM / MES applications
• 3+ years in data administration, data management approaches and methods
Space Systems - 10 months ago