The Nurse Case Manager is a professional caregiver who will formulate, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate strategies for patients and families. They work collaboratively with the patient, families and health care team to provide extraordinary care for the patient while being sensitive to costs and resources. The Care Manager will develop, document and implement a plan or plans, which will provide the appropriate resources to address social, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and supportive needs. Additionally, the care manager may contact insurance companies to determine a patient's plan coverage, and maintains an active role in denial prevention and justifying patient medical needs. Valuable communication skills are utilized in coordinating with multiple patient care teams to ensure the patient receives quality care, a timely discharge, and to identify and resolve delays and issues.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Mon-Fri 8:30 - 4:30. Rotating weekend, once per month.
Additional Details: Pri,mary work location will be at LDS Hopsital, but coverage will extend to Alta View and Riverton Hospital
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment
- Three years of clinical nursing experience
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for state in which the nurse practices
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- Acute care, ICU, or Med Surg work experience
- Case Management Certification
- One or more years of experience in case management, utilization review, and discharge planning
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 2 years ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...