Mgr Patient Access Services, Full Time, Days, Patient Registration, ICV
Mgr Patient Access Services
Job Code: 0861
The Manager Patient Access Services oversees the daily operations of the assigned area of responsibility and assigned personnel in the department. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Manager Patient Access Services responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Collaborates with other areas within the department and other departments to ensure accurate information is collected for appropriate account resolution
* Communicates with third party payers in developing processes to meet contractual agreements and ensure appropriate reimbursements
* Communicates with physician offices to resolve issues and with physician contact responsible for the medical review determination of urgency
* Oversees denials management follow up and collaborates with payer and provider relations department as needed
* Reviews, creates, updates and maintains departmental policy and procedure manuals as necessary
* Manages department staff, including hiring, scheduling, training, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Achieves specific revenue cycle targets and goals
* Utilizes performance improvement process and scorecard feedback to effect change
The Manager Patient Access Services reports to the Director.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Low exposure to hazardous risks. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting. Exposed to constant interruptions and/or noise due to close proximity to workers.
* Bachelors degree or additional equivalent experience
* 5 years experience in billing, insurance, collections, accounts receivables or related field
* Knowledge of common computer information systems used for hospital patient accounting and personal computer systems
* CHAM certification preferred
* Knowledge and understanding of insurance billing procedures, accounts receivable functions and hospital financial policies
* Knowledge of third party regulations, federal requirements, pertinent contract requirements and limitations
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Written/Oral)
Integris Health - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
INTEGRIS Health shoots for integrity by providing a range of health services to residents throughout the Sooner state. The company, one of...