New York Institute of Technology seeks an Associate Director of Institutional Research.
The person in this position will be responsible for:
• Database management including data extraction, cleaning, and preparation for use in reporting;
• Assisting the director with efforts to ensure the data warehouse schema is useful in research, development, planning, decision-making, institutional effectiveness, accountability review, and operational effectiveness;
• Conducting data analyses to respond to internal requests for information including standard reports and ad hoc analytical studies that support and facilitate the planning, policy development, and decision-making of senior-level administrators;
• Providing technical and analytical support to administration and faculty through translation of assessment questions and needs into research designs and data;
• Working proactively with other departments to assess and address their needs for data and information including coordinating IRA assistance with the preparation of accreditation reports, submission, and follow-up;
• Maintaining, administering and upgrading, as needed, the online course evaluation system.
A Master's degree in behavioral/social sciences, computer science, business or mathematics is required with a minimum of 5 years experience in higher education institutional research or other research setting. The selected candidate must have strong statistical analysis capabilities and the ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience. Familiarity with survey design and research also required. Ability to work independently and as a part of a team and to work on multiple projects simultaneously prioritizing as needed. Experience working within a Data Warehouse environment highly desirable; familiarity with SQL is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including tuition remission. For immediate consideration please submit a cover letter and resume to: Alicia Gumbs Hodge, Assistant Director of Human Resources at
New York Institute of Technology - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard