HealthGrades, located in Denver, Colorado, is America's most trusted, independent source of physician information and hospital quality outcomes.
The Quality Assurance Engineer assists STS in the successful and timely delivery of quality solutions which meet or exceed business objectives by providing assessments of product quality, helping product owners understand risks, and continuously improving QA processes.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Perform end to end quality assurance activities for STS projects including estimating, test execution, issue tracking to resolution, and communication to QA and Project Management.
- Participate in Requirements and Design reviews in order to uncover defects earlier in the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Create QA deliverables (test plans, scripts, and reports) for as needed for major test efforts to ensure quality test execution.
- Create and execute manual and automated test scripts to satisfy requirements traceability.
- Evaluate items included in the release to develop and execute appropriate regression plan
- Identify, document, and track defects to closure leveraging the TFS tool.
- Coordinate, Prepare, and Facilitate User Acceptance Testing cycles with Product Owners.
- Analyze test results; prepare summary report; communicate results throughout the testing cycle so that all interested parties are aware of the quality of the release.
- Provide visibility to QA Management on issues, risks, timelines, and constraints/conflicts for assigned teams.
- Assist with tracking of defects post-production deployment in order to identify improvements to the testing process.
- Identify, streamline, and improve QA and SDLC processes by assisting in the creation of departmental quality standards, policies, procedures, templates and reference materials.
- Participate in initiatives targeting the development and management of testing processes to analyze, monitor, and report on test results and process improvement.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to constructively work with end-users and development to better understand requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of SQA best practices and methodologies working within an Agile environment.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL databases and scripting.
- Develop, document, execute, and maintain manual and automated scripts.
- Ability to asses and communicate risk based on data.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred (may leverage years of experience in place of degree).
- 3-5 years in Quality Assurance performing hands-on testing.
- Minimum of 1 year cumulative experience with creating, maintaining, and executing automated scripts leveraging any of the following: Selenium, Test Complete, SQL, C#.
- Extensive experience creating QA artifacts to demonstrate quality.
- Previous experience testing in Medical industry and/or large, public-facing web-sites a plus.
CTFL, ISTQB, CSQA, or CSTE preferred.
Healthgrades offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. The exciting part of working here is not the dental plan but the opportunity to be a key player in helping consumers make healthcare decisions and working with like-minded people who are passionate, focused and driven to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.