The Software Validation Engineer's primary responsibilities will be to create/setup and execute software validation test plans for satellite radio receivers, primarily for OEM/CE Applications. The ideal candidate will have a provable track record of designing, implementing, and testing sophisticated software architectures and will have been directly responsible for writing comprehensive software test plans and creating standardized test reports and issues lists. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Validation Engineer III will be primarily responsible for the development and execution of software validation test plans for SiriusXM Satellite Radio receivers. Typical duties include:
1. Assist in the development of user interface software specifications for SiriusXM Radio receiver products.
2. Assist in the creation of comprehensive user interface software validation test plans for each receiver product, to include cases to exercise each user interface feature and function, each entry condition, and each exit condition.
3. Assist in the development semi-automated testing scripts using in house tools for formal requirement compliance.
4. Perform formal verification and validation of the user interface software on each receiver product at each phase of the product development process.
5. Develop and execute testing platforms related to Data Services as they relate to new partner programs on both satellite bands. Focus on communizing test plans between high and low band services.
6. Generate standardized software validation test reports and user interface issues lists for communication of status both internally within SiriusXM and to SiriusXM receiver manufacturer partners to support various OEM's.
7. Collaborate with SiriusXM receiver manufacturer partners to resolve outstanding user interface software issues during the product development process.
8. Minimal travel, both domestic and overseas, may be required to support the various Sirius XM receiver designs and their manufacture.
9. Provide regular and accurate reports to the Senior Manager - OEM Validation and perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
The ideal Software Validation Engineer candidate will have a BS degree with at least three to five (1-5) years of successful, relevant validation and testing experience, preferably in the consumer electronics area of application. Acceptable product areas include:
Automotive sound manufacturers (radio head units, CD Players, telematics systems, navigation systems, etc.)
1. Automotive/Consumer Electronics sound manufacturers (radio head units, CD Players, telematics systems, navigation systems, etc.)
2. Mobile telephone systems
3. Satellite receivers
4. Automotive engine controllers
5. Blue Tooth and / or WIFI products
Requirements and General Skills:
1. Some C, C++, C# programming language experience is preferred.
2. Some Scripting language experience is preferred (Ruby, Perl, Python, Tcl)
3. Expertise is sought in the areas below:
4. Formal verification and validation of software implementations
5. Familiarity of formal software design processes
6. Use of configuration management tools
7. Technical writing abilities
8. Excellent communication skills
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the consumer electronics and / or automotive OEM electronics product development process - product planning, prototyping, specifications, testing, quality, documentation, etc. Effective past and current relationships with counterparts among consumer electronics and automotive manufacturers is desired, but not required.
Hardware circuit design knowledge in the areas of power supplies and microprocessors is preferred. The candidate should have familiarity with hardware-level debugging tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
1. Knowledge of OEM Automotive electrical and audio systems.
2. Ability to understand and setup HW provided by the partner to execute testing through the test plan.
3. Working, demonstrated project management skills are required.
4. A high-level of personal computer proficiency is required, including experience and familiarity with project planning, Microsoft Office, and engineering software.
5. Excellent communications skills including the ability to coordinate multi organizational structures such as OEM Applications Engineering, Contract Manufacturing and Test Validation Sites.
Location: Farmington Hills MI
LHP Engineering Resource Division - 17 months ago