Clarion University of Pennsylvania seeks qualified applicants for the position of Director of Public Safety. This person will be responsible for oversight of all police, security, environmental health and safety, parking and transportation issues for the Clarion Campus. Qualified applicants must have:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area related to law enforcement
• Five years of supervisory responsibility in the area of law enforcement
• Appropriate training/certification to obtain a commission as a law enforcement officer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
• A strong record of effective interpersonal communication both verbally and in writing
• A track record of working with diverse populations, community relations and community involvement
• A working knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume for consideration. Applicants selected for an on campus interview will be required to provide an official transcript of their highest degree earned.
Review of applicants will begin March 15, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
Preference will be given to applicants with a strong background in Police Services and in particular law enforcement on a university campus.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete a successful on campus interview and prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check.
Applicants must apply on line at https://jobs.clarion.edu
Clarion University is building a diverse academic community and encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply. AA/ EEO .