Berkshire Property Advisors, L.L.C . is a national management company that owns and operates more than 90 properties across the US. As a leader in the property management industry for over 4 decades, Berkshire Property Advisors has the one asset that sets us apart from the others –Berkshire people!
Learn the industry from the ground up. Our forward thinking training strategies will give you all the tools and knowledge that you need to succeed.
Dream and imagine yourself going to places and conquering challenges that you never thought possible.
Reach and set your sights on the top! Achieve your goals and relish in your success. Berkshire recognizes a job well done and creates a thriving environment for its people.
Explore the possibilities! With our accelerated growth, there are lots of career opportunities in cities across the country.
We are seeking a Groundskeeper that is diligent, spirited, energetic, devoted, happy-go-lucky, good sport with incredible attention to detail!
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager , the Porter/Groundskeeper will own and drive assisting the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal for Berkshire Property Advisors.
Perform "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis. Remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfer to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- If certified for pool maintenance, clean and maintain pool as directed.
- Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Constantly observes condition of apartment property throughout the property and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Needs to be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Ensure that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter, debris and pet droppings from the grounds. It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times.
- Pool area
- Laundry room
- Mail rooms (if applicable)
- Dumpster areas
- Recreation areas
- Grounds adjacent to the road, in front of the office
- Walkways to and from, and in-between buildings
- Parking lots and drives
Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick-up and sweep area. Keep dumpster doors closed on windy days.
Detail property on a regular basis. Clean and rake shrub areas; shovel mud when necessary. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush.
Repair and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc. Perform routine maintenance on property as requested by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
Assist with various physical tasks as directed; e.g., tearing down fences, digging post holes, carrying abandoned sofas, etc.
Assist with "make-ready" duties when requested by the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
Help clean and maintain storage areas.
Perform interior and exterior painting duties when requested. Carry buckets of paint from storage area to work site.
Complete minor and routine service requests when requested by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor. Follow procedures when service requests are performed.
Change locks, make keys when directed.
Distribute resident communications to residents; e.g., upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters.
Perform work area clean-up and safety related duties.
Safely operate pressure washer to maintain curb appeal.
Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rake, sweep, shovel as circumstances warrant.
Perform any additional duties assigned by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
Maintain good relations with residents at all times.
Wear uniform as provided and maintain professional levels of hygiene and appearance.
Attend meetings, training classes and resident retention activities as directed.
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor is to limit the Company right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must meet all physical requirements and be able to take direction.
- Required to wear back support belt, and gloves as tasks dictate.
- 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule may change as required. It may be necessary to work weekends.
Hand Tools various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips,
- An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
posthole diggers, etc.
User-Moved Aids Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand
trucks, buckets, jacks, step ladders, full ladders.
Power Equipment Pressure washer, back pack blowers.
Technical/ Educational Requirements:
High School Diploma
At least 2 years in a customer facing role
At least 2 years experience in Maintenance or Grounds keeping role
- 3 years ago - save job
Berkshire was founded in 1969 and is one of the most active multifamily owners and lenders in the United States. The Company is...