The Route Sales Supervisor is responsible for managing DSD (direct store delivery) route sales drivers including training, objective setting and continuous improvement in route sales performance.
- Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each route.
- Trains route sales drivers to sell-in products, includes new, seasonal or line extensions.
- Trains route sales drivers to manage inventory, and merchandise products.
- Optimizes distribution productivity.
- Sets objectives and tracks results for each route sales driver.
- Ensures driver safety training conducted and coaches safe driving practices.
- Utilizes data from Xatanet and other sources to manage KPI’s.
- Ensures compliance with any DOT regulations.
- Coaches and develops each route sales driver by demonstrating skills and route riding on regular basis.
- Coordinates route settlement and inventory validation.
- Coordinates and dispatches special deliveries.
- Manages customer complaints.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Two or four year college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience in route sales delivery.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Licensed to drive trucks utilized.
- DOT qualified.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skill in organization, time management, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
Dean Foods - 14 months ago