RedHat Enterprise Linux Architect Orlando, FL TERM |
6 Months Contract To Hire
- Serve as the senior level authority for LinuxUnix Systems for the architecture, implementation, design and configuration, develop guideline, processes and procedures and rules regarding the use and implementation as well as the design strategy
- Create new processes and procedures for identifying and addressing newly discovered complex operational issues in the UnixLinux environment.
- Provide senior management with guidelines, processes and procedures to directly influence the decisions
- Provide senior level architectural expertise, experience, training and knowledge in the administration and maintenance of all Linux RHEL systems to ensure the health and stability of systems
- Perform installations, set security parameters, monitor, manage, maintain and retire both physical and virtual Linux or RedHat Enterprise Operating Systems
- Develop templates and standards for physical and virtual Linux-based servers
- Perform configurations and troubleshooting, upgrades and patching of existing and new LinuxUnix-based systems and remediate any issues or problems related to the quality of service
- Conduct capacity planning reviews with management
- Develop documentation and training for all junior staff as the Team Lead and Subject Matter Expert
- Create, develop and maintain system reports on the health and status of system performances and metrics and making recommendations for improved system reliability, stability and overall performance improvements.
COMPETENCIES KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
RedHat Enterprise Linux Architect
- Ability to create and architect new unixLinux architectures
- In-depth knowledge of RedHat Linux distributions
- Perform RedHat Linux based server builds and administration
- Ability to perform ongoing design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of a growing Linux infrastructure.
- Perform analysis of the UnixLinux computing environment and identify methods to improve efficiency and enhance customer support.
- Expert level with Systems Administration duties such as disk storage management, memory, hardware and software configuration as well as clustered Linux Server environments.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Shell scripting, Perl, Python, PHP). Should be able to connect database, manipulate basic data-structures, regular expressions, basic modularity, error handling
- Monitor and troubleshoot backups, scheduled Cron jobs, and be able to monitor systems and processes and take proactive action.
- Knowledge with OS and network security (firewalls and system hardening)
- Knowledge of networking concepts and practices
- Provide documentation and training related to new implementations to team members
- Assist in creating internal systems administration best practices, standards and documentation
- Provide assistance to team on projects including all integration related work
- Ability to work independently to get the job done with little or no assistance
- Ability to work closely with end users and understand their needs and requirements
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to details
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Capable of taking a lead in projects with technical and non-technical customers
- Coaching and Mentorship experience for junior members
Dice - 8 months ago