This position works under the general supervision of the VP of Operations and is responsible for maintaining all networks and systems. The Senior Systems Admin directs the design, installation, maintenance and implementation of IT services and is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures - Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals - Performs a variety of tasks - Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The Senior Systems Administrator will work closely with various levels of the technical staff and with management. We seek a strong and resourceful problem solver and communicator comfortable with a multi-faceted position.
• Ensuring systems integrity and efficiency
• Analyze, introduce, and integrate new technologies into our existing data centers
• Reduce manual efforts with automation and scripting
• Explore cutting edge and open source technologies
• Maintain international network infrastructure
• Assist development team with build and deployment infrastructure
Requirements - Experience:
• Linux administration
• Strong automation experience (puppet, chef, cfengine)
• Scripting experience (bash, perl, python)
• Monitoring tools knowledge (nagios, zenoss,snmp)
• MySQL administration: replication, optimization, configuration
• Cisco and network hardware experience (IOS, VPN)
• Relevant certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, VCP)
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skill
• Positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
• An exciting environment in a young, growing company voted #143 on the Inc 500 list for 2011 & also on the list for 2012
• Great benefits
• Highly Competitive Compensation Package
• Reimbursement for MBTA travel and parking
• Much, much more!
Boston Technologies, Inc. - 13 months ago
Boston Technologies (BT) Bridges provide a direct link between a broker's trading platform and a liquidity provider. By assigning specific...