System/Packaging CAD Engineer
Job Description: In this position, you will be joining PC Client Group (PCCG)'s Client Design & Validation (CDV) team to work on next generation platform layout and CPU package designs for Client products for Laptop, Desktop, and IA core based Tablets. You will primarily be responsible for system and package design layout optimizations and package technology development. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design layout for platform device packages from concept definition, design integration and product tapeout
- Define device package bumpout and ballout for next-generation mobile processor and/or chipset
- Integrate design requirements from multiple disciplines including: high-speed electrical signaling, high volume assembly design rules, state-of-the-art package and/or PCB design rules, automated test, and emerging IC packaging techniques
- Test chip package design, tapeout and interface with vendors and assembly teams
- Perform package and/or PCB routing study analysis for tradeoffs in cost and performance for client platforms
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience of four years on package/board CAD designs.
3+ years of experience with the following:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) and/or Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools should have been a primary focus of past positions.
- Mentor Graphics* Expedition and Cadence* design tool such as Allegro* Package Designer
- Printed circuit board and integrated circuit package designs
USA-California, Folsom, USA-Washington, Malaysia-Malaysia, Penang, USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 1, 2013
Feb 2, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...