1. Produce analysis and recommend actions to optimize sales and minimize inventory exposure.
2. Review item selling at the SKU level and build unit sales and inventory forecasts. React to business trends in a timely manner and provide advice on opportunities to secure goods in-house and at account level.
3. Recognize and highlight opportunities and issues with recaps to Sales and Product Development.
4. Use the systems available to analyze sales and turnover performance to effectively allocate merchandise to customers in order to maintain the best in-stocks and maximize sales, inventory turnover, and profit.
5. Develop model stocks, store ratings, and plan-o-grams for replenishment product that ensures that the assortment plans meet financial and physical requirements of the company to enhance sales, improve inventory turnover, and meet established in-stock criteria.
6. Analyze weekly demand, forecasts and sales curves for replenishment product.
7. Review inventory level and make recommendations for assigned customers to meet customer needs while maintaining our inventory to maximize turnover and investments.
8. Develop weekly purchases of replenishment merchandise based upon demand trend data, sales forecast and vendor lead times.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of work experience and education is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with customer information systems and data.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office along with strong analytical skills. Must have advanced proficiency with Excel and working knowledge of Access.
- Must be familiar with Retail math.
- Knowledge of MAS 500 ERP system is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) a plus.
- Minimum 3 years analyst experience in a retail or wholesale environment, including time as a wholesale analyst. Experience with Big Box Retailers strongly preferred.
Accountants International - 11 months ago
IFAC is the global organization for the accountancy profession dedicated to serving the public interest by strengthening the profession and...