ATK Advanced Signals & Cyber provides leading edge research, application development, system integration, and product development for wireless communications and signal processing mission needs. The ATK AS&C team relies on a breadth of Digital Communications, Software, and Systems Engineers to deliver innovative and affordable solutions to its customers.
: Software Engineer – Embedded Wireless Systems
ATK Aerospace Systems seeks a Software Engineer with interest in wireless communications and embedded systems. Successful candidate will research, develop, and integrate wireless communications applications and systems on embedded Linux platforms. Software development roles include the implementation in Python/C++ of communications protocols, analysis and modification of existing implementations, as well as integration and testing on existing and new platforms.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field; M.S. preferred
- Experience with software development in Python/C++ within the Linux operating system
- Experience with system integration and reverse engineering on embedded Linux platforms
- Experience in analyzing and implementing upper-layer communications protocols
- Ability to acquire a U.S. Government security clearance; current clearance preferred
- Knowledge of digital communications and digital signal processing
- Knowledge of LTE and UMTS wireless protocols
- Knowledge of complete OSI protocol architecture for wireless systems
- Knowledge of common embedded Linux implementations, including Android
Competencies for Success
- Hands-On Innovation – Intellectual basis and curiosity to conceive new concepts with ability to develop and apply in lab and demonstration environments
- Excellent communicator that thrives in a multi-disciplinary laboratory environment that includes research, development, and integration activities
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in the highly dynamic national security and communications environments. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Embedded Systems – Wireless, Wireless Protocol - C++ - Python – Linux – Android – Debian - Busybox - GNU- GNU Tools - GNU Radio – Linux – MATLAB – LTE – LTE Wireless Protocol - UMTS – WiMax – GSM – CDMA – 3G – 4G – Protocols – 3G protocol – 4G protocol – Real-time – Radio – WCDMA - Communication – Communications – DSP – Digital Signal Processing – wireless – wireless protocols – software coding – software code – software development – application development – Engineer – Electrical Engineer – Computer Engineer – Computer Science - Communication theory – Software defined radio – SDR
: : Engineering and Sciences
: Full Time
: Monterey, CA OR Beltsville, MD
Years of Experience:
: 10 - 15 Years
Nearest Major Market: Monterey, CA or Washington, DC
Job Segments: Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mobile Computing, Communications, Developer, Mobile Applications, Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Engineering, Government, Open-Source, Network, Research, Cyber, Software Engineer, Technology, Telecom, Telecommunications
Engineering and Sciences
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Developer, Embedded, Informatics, Technology
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...