Compensation: $85K - $100K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have extensive experience administering and supporting Unix/Redhat Linux Server environment. We are looking for a results oriented and well organized professional to be part of the UNIX team, which is responsible for supporting UNIX infrastructure in 24x7 operations. The candidate is expected to work as a team player in collaboration with application development, application support, database administrators, network support, and other technology sub-teams.
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise 5.1 and above
- Experience in replacing DELL/IBM server hardware components.
- Hands on experience lifting, installing servers and working in a remote datacenter.
- Experience in working with remote team members preferred
- Experience with all flavors of Linux with Virtualization (VMWare) experience, Redhat Enterprise Linux is preferred but not a requirement.
- Experience with High Availability, LDAP, DNS, TCP/IP Networking, internet technologies (proxies, apache, and tomcat) and Storage Area Network. Working knowledge of MySQL/Oracle and IBM Web portal software preferred.
- Experience with shell and Perl scripting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to building new servers, account management, monitoring, maintaining and providing 24x7 support to the organization's client-server environment, including:
Email resume in Word to TheBigGameHunter@cisny.com. Please include the job code for the position with your resume.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting and administration as required for all Linux servers, encompassing development, integration, staging, and production.
- Creating new Linux Virtual servers, working in data center as needed, racking and building physical servers.
- Creating/modifying user accounts, adding/expanding storage, installing monitoring and other software as required.
- Part of oncall rotation and Respond to alerts and notifications promptly and provide documentation of actions required.
- Monitor and manage the Unix team ticket queue, escalations, create and manage incident and change management tickets
- Work with Software Developers to manage, maintain, and administer/Install applications
- Standardize account management and auditing across all Unix systems
- Work with Network Operations administrators to assist in configuration and maintenance of servers as well as with other teams as required.
- Help developing systems standardization, documentation of policies and procedures, maintenance schedules
- Help evaluating and researching new tools and technologies
NO RELOCATION. NO VISA TRANSFERS. NO OVERSEAS RESUMES. NO 3RD PARTIES.
To receive a complimentary subscription to my job search ezine, No B.S. Job Search Advice, go to www.JeffAltman.com to subscribe.
Receive tweets from Twitter with job search tips and job listings – TheBigGameHuntr