At Wm. Bolthouse Farms our goal is to help people live vibrant, healthy lives by crafting healthy, all natural, great tasting products of the highest possible quality. We are committed to maximizing the efficient use of our resources through sustainable farming and business practices so that we can provide these products to our customers at a superior value.
Founded in 1915 Wm. Bolthouse Farms is headquartered in Bakersfield, CA. Farmlands, as well as the headquarters, are located in the rich soil areas of the San Joaquin Valley. Wm. Bolthouse Farms is a global leader in carrot production. We farm approximately 30,000 acres of carrots every year, which accounts for nearly half of all carrots consumed in the United States and Canada. Wm. Bolthouse Farms also has an innovative team to help develop other consumer products. In 2003, we introduced a vast selection of natural refrigerated fruit juices, smoothies and protein drinks. Since then Wm. Bolthouse Farms became and remains the North America leader in super-premium refrigerated juices, smoothies and protein drinks. In 2007, we introduced a variety of natural yogurt based salad dressings. Today this line of dressings is the fastest growing brand of super-premium refrigerated dressings in the country. The innovative team is gearing up for several new product launches in the next few years adding to the growth of the company. Wm. Bolthouse Farms also has operations in Washington, Illinois, and Georgia. In addition, Wm. Bolthouse has a processing facility in Belem, Brazil. For more company and product information, please visit the company’s website at: www.bolthouse.com .
Responsibilities : Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing & Innovation Officer, you will lead the strategic direction of the Bolthouse Farms food product portfolio. This includes identifying markets and applications based on potential opportunity. You will develop the product line based on customer needs and having full P&L responsibility for all aspects of marketing, including channel, pricing, promotions, etc.
Additionally, you will have overall responsibility for numerous marketing activities (i.e. - website management, category management initiatives, POS, marketplace tests, consumer research, etc.).
- Implementing product strategy and position for food products.
- Determine all product pricing by channel and market
- Identify value minded customers in current and new markets
- Acquire competitive evaluations, including offerings and features
- Develop the timetable for introduction of new products and impact on existing products
- Determine customer wants and compare them to our current product offering and competition
- Recommend areas for new product development based on the items above
- Identify important customer values and perceptions by meeting with customers
- Devise sales channel strategies
Summary of Duties:
- Designs comprehensive communication vehicles including specific timelines for each initiative to maximize efficiency by streamlining content and creating standardized processes where possible
- Develops consistent strategy and process with merchants to deliver seasonal product information to stores – enrolls resources, manages budget, and follows up with partners to execute as needed
- Manages budget for retail brand initiative deliverables, including contests, conference gifts, print collateral and launch kits; negotiates pricing as needed
- Manage development and execution of all consumer communication including content for media, sales flyers, website, POS, consumer handouts, and other consumer communication pieces.
- Provide strategic guidance to sales with market analysis and presentation preparation for meetings with retailers.
- Develop business building ideas through analysis of marketplace trends, marketing information systems data (IRI, retailer scan data, etc.) and competitive activity.
- Responsible for all new product development associated with food business. Support manager on all other projects as needed. Recommend and execute the strategic marketing plans for assigned products to support the company’s business and profit plans.
Minimum Qualifications :
- 7 years of professional product marketing or product marketing/related experiences.
- Thorough understanding of messaging, positioning and go to market principles and tactics.
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement both strategic programs and supporting tactics.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Particularly strong skills in creating creative and compelling presentations that will be given by the CEO and the executives of the company.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high client expectations.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language.
- Relevant business experience (perhaps entrepreneurial) beyond traditional Brand Management a plus. Experience with “guerrilla” marketing tactics valuable.
- MBA (or equivalent experience) and 7+ years experience in consumer products brand management or comparable field.
- Significant experience in classical marketing techniques, new product development, promotion development and brand building initiatives.
Monster - 3 years ago
Eh, what's up, Doc? What's up is the crop at Bolthouse Farms. The company is one of the country's largest producers of...