The Linux Administratoris responsible for assisting in the design, installation, execution, administration, and maintenance of the company's Linux servers, network and related operations equipment, including switches, routers and firewalls. This includes responsibility for monitoring the network and various systems using network monitoring tools. This position will also assist the networking team with major and minor projects and may perform the role of more senior experienced members on the network team when they are not available.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred.
Successful candidates should possess 3+ years of experience with Linux/Unix network administration.
Experience with the following is desired:
Other important knowledge areas for this position include any of the following:
- Linux (i.e. RedHat/CentOS/Debian) and/or BSD operating systems from a system administration perspective
- General programming/scripting ability for system administration (perl, shell, cli)
- Virtualization (VMWare vSphere/ESX)
- Tomcat, JREs
- Open source mail servers (i.e. sendmail, postfix, cyrus)
- Open source environments
- System/network design practices, principles and techniques, including common security best practices
Candidates must be professional, team-oriented and have strong initiative. Must be highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and should possess the ability to multi-task effectively. Ideally candidates should have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both a technical and non-technical level.
- LAMP environments (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- A solid understanding and practical knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP and other networking protocols
- A solid understanding of web technologies (HTTP, cookies, sessions, proxies, etc.)
- Drupal (front/backend administration of company’s public website)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
Rho is a full-service, professionally managed contract research organization optimally sized to deliver results from clinical research with...