Energize Your Career at NV Energy!
NV Energy is the premier provider of energy for Nevada and has served citizens in northern Nevada for over 150 years, and southern Nevada since 1906. We are committed to creating an atmosphere where our employees are treated with dignity and respect and have the opportunity to offer their ideas and viewpoints. Our employees set us apart and allow us to meet complex challenges to continue to achieve success. Now’s your chance to join our team!
Coordinates industrial hygiene activities and participates in occupational health programs company-wide. Focuses on the control of occupational health hazards that may arise to ensure the health and safety of employees. Anticipates, recognizes, evaluates, and controls those environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace. Ensures that company safety and health policies and procedures reasonably protect employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and administers industrial hygiene programs and principles toward the attainment of a healthful working environment (e.g., Hearing, Conservation, Pulmonary, etc.).
2. Coordinates and/or conducts training courses to enhance employee understanding of programs and procedures pertaining to occupational health and hazardous materials management.
3. Advises management on imminent industrial health regulatory issues and recommends appropriate action. Reviews proposed legislation to anticipate the impacts and lobby for modifications to lessen impacts on company or result in cost savings and increased efficiencies.
4. Provides comment to regulatory agencies as appropriate.
5. Oversees administration of all mandated industrial hygiene programs.
6. Conducts periodic comprehensive surveys of facilities to ensure company safety and health objectives are in compliance with existing occupational health regulations.
7. Investigates workers' compensation occupational disease claims to help determine validity and necessary action.
8. Responds to requests for assistance from field personnel regarding potential industrial hygiene problems and conducts evaluations and analyses.
9. Employee in this position will administer the Safety & Health "Safety Associate Technicians/Intern" program within the Generation organization. This position may require interaction with the public and regulatory agencies.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialty and 3-5 years of related experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Equipment and Applications
- Thorough knowledge of safety and health regulations.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written customer relations skills.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred
PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General office environment.
No special physical demands required.
Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) with a Company match provision
and more, visit our Corporate website for detailed information
NV Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
As Nevada's dominant electric utility, NV Energy (formerly Sierra Pacific Resources) keeps casinos powered 24 hours a day. Subsidiaries...