Science and Technology
Reporting to the Director of North American Sales, the Product Sales Manager is responsible to generate new subscriptions from prospects in the territory, to efficiently and effectively manage the territory and provide market feedback to the sales management team. Successful Sales Managers will:
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Meet or exceed target revenue quota.
- Operate within the expense budget.
- Make a minimum number of sales calls.
- Generate required reports in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times while managing your defined territory.
- B.S. degree in an engineering discipline preferred and a minimum five years’ experience in B2B sales, preferably in the software solutions or information industries. Selling experience in aerospace and defense, industrial equipment, engineering design and construction, oil and gas, automotive and process industries preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services, including marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both oral and written, and the ability to effectively articulate the Knovel value proposition.
- Negotiating skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage own time and work in an unstructured environment while simultaneously accomplishing goals
- Ability to possess the appropriate level of technical/functional expertise and knowledge of Knovel product and an advanced knowledge of the Internet.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and web conferencing experience.
- Experience with CRM software, Salesforce.com preferred
Feb 6, 2013, 5:43:08 PM
Elsevier - 10 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...