VHB is seeking a Project Engineer with 5-10 years’ experience to join its Transportation group in our Providence, Rhode Island office. This work is heavily centered on highway / roadway design and related infrastructure including stormwater management, drainage design, bike paths, utility relocations, and right-of-way.
• Work within a team of professionals to develop highway/roadway plans and specifications for a multitude of projects
• Project planning, alternatives development and cost estimating
• Performing field reviews and accessing existing conditions
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven understanding of highway design
• Proven understanding of stormwater management
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to think critically
• Ability to multitask
• Strong computer skills
• Excels working in a team environment
• Exhibits strong leadership skills
• 5-10 years of civil engineering experience
• Experience in value engineering/analysis and cost estimating
• BS in Civil Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Rhode Island and/or other states
• Civil 3D experience required, GIS experience desired
• RIDOT experience is desired
Please submit application online. For questions about the position, please contact Jennifer Marquis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is a 900 person firm that provides integrated planning, transportation, land development, and environmental services from 22 offices throughout the east coast. Engineering News-Record ranks VHB 78th of the Top 500 U.S. Design Firms and among the Top 50 Transportation Firms in the Nation. VHB is dedicated to providing a challenging, fun, and rewarding work environment. Our staff enjoys opportunities to grow professionally and work on interesting projects. Our dynamic, people-centric organization focuses on a culture of collaboration, personal development, and developing lasting relationships both inside and outside of our firm.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VHB ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. VHB Participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.