As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin T & D designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects in North America and abroad.
SNC-Lavalin T & D has an exciting career opportunity for Project Support staff. This position provides support to multi-discipline project teams responsible for the design and construction of various transmission line projects.
Primary responsibilities for the Project Support are:
Qualifications for the position include:
- Receiving material into the system through direct contact with site construction managers.
- Assisting with maintaining contractor/vendor performance records.
- Faxing RFQ’s and PO’s and distributing returned acknowledgements.
- Preparing spreadsheets of bid evaluations.
- Interacting with the Cost Control department on outstanding invoice problems.
- Assisting the Cost Controller in verifying vendor/subcontractor invoices and maintaining an up-to-date invoice register.
- Assisting with the preparation of client return data files.
- Preparing and issuing status reports for both internal and external clients.
- Arranging and attending meetings, as well as taking minutes.
- Drafting, formatting and generating a variety of correspondence.
- Filing and/or scanning various project documents (paper and electronic files)
- Data entry.
- Arranging travel requests.
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
- High school diploma.
- A minimum of one (1) year of administrative or support experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Visio, Microsoft Project, Power Point, and Adobe.
- A willingness to learn new skills and serve as support in a number of capacities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- A self starter with the ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
As our revenues reach record highs, and our projects bring home some of the most prestigious prizes in the world, there has never been a better time to join our team. Now more than ever, SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions, and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how, and help us shape the future of engineering. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter.
SNC-Lavalin - 4 years ago
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of...