The Store Team Leader requires minimal supervision and will have broad
scope and responsibility for day-to-day operations of a retail store to
achieve company growth and profitability objectives. This position will
ensure compliance with company requirements, record keeping, and all
state and federal regulation. This position will manage a team of up to
3-4 store leaders and have indirect responsibility for all store
associates, sometimes in excess of 25 people, at a given location. Will
oversee and direct the integrated solutions efforts in the store.
# Understanding the business and business strategy
# Strong ability to manage conflict directly and through leadership of
# Effective communication and time management
# Developing effective teams, leveraging teamwork and trust
# Fostering innovation
# Drive for results
Education, Certification & Licenses:
# This position requires knowledge of business and retail operations
acquired through formal education or 1 # 2 years on-the-job application.
Equivalent to an Associate#s degree in business or equivalent.
# Minimum 3 years management experience
# Managing a Sales and Operations workforce
# P & L Responsibility
# Financial leadership experience
# People management skills
# Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
# Applicant tracking systems
Work Conditions, Physical and Sensory Requirements:
# Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and climb ladders
# Ability to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only
brief periods of sitting
# Ability to use electronic communication devices during working hours
which includes wearing a headset or a device on or in the ear
# Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
# Written and verbal communications skills
# Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
# Ability to analyze situations and gather information to develop sound,
ethical business solutions
# Presentation skills
# Ability to attract and retain talent
# Travel up to 10%
# Ability to coach and train to increase sales
# Ability to learn and train on new technologies
OfficeMax is an equal opportunity employer that employs persons
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability,
age (40 and over), veteran status, and other protected status as
required by applicable law. OfficeMax uses E-Verify to determine the
eligibility of employees to work in the US.
The Store Team Leader is responsible for delivering the store#s sales
and profit results on a consistent, repeating basis. The Store Team
Leader is responsible for creating a positive, exciting,
inspiring, and upbeat work environment to attract, retain, and develop
the right people that will positively represent the company brand during
every customer interactions. This position is
responsible for leading a team that delivers a dynamic selling culture
that correctly engages the customer to ensure repeat business and
customer loyalty to OfficeMax, while maintaining a
positive influence and articulating the company vision to inspire and
make a daily impact on the store#s leadership team and associates. This
position is responsible for building customer
partnerships and a differentiated service and solutions experience for
customers, to achieve the expected financial results for assigned store.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Manage the store team, to successfully deliver on financial results
by measuring performance, validating execution, and holding team
accountable to results-based performance standards.
2. Set clear expectations, and develop an effective team that excels
at consultative selling, professional relationship building, and
3. Effectively analyze and utilize store reports to build strategies
and activities that will continuously improve store sales and
4. Create a highly engaging work environment that encourages and
fosters the development of all store leadership positions and
5. Proficiently manage store operational and sales expectation through
planning and execution, influential leadership, and appropriate
delegation to the Solutions Leader, Operations Supervisor, and Impress
6. Apply effective talent selections skills to ensure store location
is staffed with high performing talent and ensure the store leadership
team is equipped with the same knowledge, skill, and ability
7. Ensure customers are provided with total solutions recommendations
through observations and personal interactions and model dynamic selling
behavior for associates.
8. Play an active role in the community to develop and cultivate
strong business relationships which represent the company and its
efforts to support its communities and local businesses.
9. Inspire a sense of energy and commitment with the team to create a
high performing environment that is sustained through coaching and
10. Maintain awareness of competitive activity within local market and
inform district leader of new developments that could impact business.
11. Manage store conditions to ensure compliance with the company
strategies and direct all aspects of the implementation of programs that
will improve the effectiveness of the store team to deliver expected
12. Ensure the store operates in full compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, and company policies including but not limited to talent
management processes, pre-employment screening process, and associate
maintenance and compliance.
13. Work a variety of shifts to master full understanding of the
business, development of team, and interactions
with all customer types.
14. Communicate OfficeMax#s vision to inspire associates to do their
15. Lead all store team members to follow the Company#s Core Values.
16. Ensure direct reports understand their roles and responsibilities
by providing consistent, clear, concise, and executable feedback to
17. Identify deficiencies in execution and initiate immediate action to
correct and take advantage of opportunities for improvement.
18. Demonstrate a commitment of OfficeMax core values.
19. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Retail - Stores
OfficeMax - 19 months ago