Greet every guest in a prompt, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
Offer a cordial farewell and thank guests for dining upon departure.
Communicate constantly with Servers, Bussers and Management to ensure efficient operations.
Seat guests in a timely and efficient manner.
Create accurate dinner reservations in the computer for guests either in person or over the phone.
Seat all stations equitably assuring equal distribution of parties.
Keep work area clean and neat.
Ensure floor is free of spills and debris.
Maintain knowledge of property outlets, special events, concerts and promotions.
Answer phone properly and promptly giving name of restaurant and identifying self.
Ensure tables are properly set.
Ensure knowledge of comp and coupon policies.
Assist with initial guest complaints and inform manager on duty.
Ensure smooth transition at shift change, remaining on duty until relief is present.
Circulate stations making sure guests are receiving proper service and employees are in stations and being productive.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 6 months previous experience in a fast-paced, high-volume, restaurant operation.
- Basic computer experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 19 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...