High School graduate or equivalent required
Primary objective is to answer a “multi-line switchboard” or PBX system quickly and direct callers to their destination without delay and dispatches lab couriers. Provides clients with specimen collection information, and test results and does first line troubleshooting for client issues. Assists Sales and Service Supervisor in resolving client issues. Generates in-house and outreach client reports as requested. Collaborates with all members of the heath care team to provide quality service to our clients.
1. Answers calls while maintaining a rapid response and directs callers to the appropriate departments. Provides basic specimen collection information directly to clients, triages patient complaint calls, and releases results to clients.
2. Monitors outreach panic/critical value log. Phones panic values, obtains panic value read back from client and accurately records information in the LIS.
3. Maintains fax and call work lists to ensure rapid turnaround time goals are met.
4. Log information on calls received, where required, and maintains detailed and accurate records.
5. Pages couriers/phlebotomists for dispatch to outreach clients for specimen pickup and draws.
6. Generate patient reports to clients when requested. Sort and distribute patient reports per guidelines to ensure timely delivery.
7. Conducts established quality control procedures on every requisition for accuracy and completeness.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrates appropriate written and verbal skills.
· Is personable and customer service oriented. Demonstrates ability to positively interact with persons of different ethnic, spiritual, moral and cultural beliefs.
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail.
· Shows willingness to read, understand, and follow all policies and procedures, as defined for the organization and department.
· Exhibits effective decision-making skills as appropriate.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Clinical laboratory experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...