Looking for a Global Team with Local Focus?
A company that’s great to work for?
By joining ALSTOM, you can combine your professional ambitions
with your personal development.
Alstom is a global leader in power generation with a portfolio covering all fuel types. From fossil and biomass to nuclear and renewables, close to
25% of the world’s power production capacity
depends on Alstom technology and services.
Alstom is a leader in design, innovation, manufacture and construction of
air quality control systems
decades of experience providing equipment for major industries
. We remain the leading supplier and innovator of pulverizers for industrial mineral operations. Whatever your field of industry, Alstom can help you meet power demands, improve water and power cost efficiencies, reduce emissions and recover waste heat.
We welcome you to apply for the following opportunity for an
Associate Product Manager
– for the Ash
within our Boiler Area Center (BAC) organization in the Thermal Power Services division located in Windsor, Connecticut.
In this role, you will assist in executing strategic plans for the Ash growth project, particularly supporting our sales channel in making detailed presentations to customers on the features and benefits of the Ash product line. The Associate Product Manager will work with the director, and own the profitability of the new growth project until it is ready to be integrated into routine part and product operations. You will insure that the products are fit-for-use in the target applications. In addition, the role requires an individual to be comfortable in working with customers, capable of working within the complex Alstom organization and is passionate about growing new businesses.
Principle Accountabilities OR Responsibilities
Strategic Business Planning:
Product knowledge and expertise:
- Understand business plans that have already been developed, including market information, profitability targets, development strategy
- Work with the director of growth initiatives to adapt the plans to the most current information
Product Cost and Pricing:
- Develop a detailed technical expertise on the Ash products to facilitate successful meetings with customers and Alstom.
- Identify and communicate product features, advantages and benefits.
- Develop product value proposition and product positioning materials as well as ensure product meets customer requirements for fitness-for-use.
Understand and communicate target market pricing in relation to other suppliers competitive products pricing and positioning.
Develop supplier strategy for the Ash products, including cost of goods sold, cost standards, lead-time strategies.
Monitor product metrics and modify strategy according to results and market conditions.
Product sales support:
- Drive product sales through interface with Alstom market channel and account teams.
- Working extensively in conjunction with Alstom SSM’s, make presentations in support of the new businesses with the goal of making proposals and achieving sales.
- Support customer service and project management by communicating consistent product strategy in order to maximize capture and tender of opportunities.
- Help develop proposals
- Support customer, industry and internal events.
- Support sales and tendering in negotiations with customers.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Competencies
We provide equal opportunity employment consideration to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran's status. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, vacation and holidays. It also includes a comprehensive 401(k) plan including company match, plus company contributions of 4% to 7% of eligible compensation.
- BS degree in Engineering or related field required.
- Five to Eight years of direct experience working in a technical sales or technical support position
- Strong communications and presentation skills, knowledge of Microsoft Workplace, solid Powerpoint presentations skills.
- Experience with the electric power industry preferred especially technical items concerning ash systems.
- Basic financial skills, commercial terms & conditions, an understanding of supply chain processes
- Completion of Six Sigma Green Belt training and project management experience preferred.
- Ability to travel – could be up to 40% at times.
Through the development of advanced public transport, cleaner electric power production and global transmission solutions, Alstom employees in more than 70 countries are helping to address some of the key issues that face this planet today. If you are looking for a world of economic, social and environmental change, look no further. As a leading global player in power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure we suggest it's time to act and think of the future. Your future.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Alstom is a Drug free Workplace
Thermal Services | Thermal Services
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems,...