The Training Instructor supports U.S. Coast Guard and other Department of Homeland Security and Department of Defense organizations to deliver training to support command, control and communications and related topics. Work may be performed on-site with the Government, include aboard U.S. Coast Guard vessels, or at the contractor facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• The C3 Training Instructor is responsible for training at the U.S. Coast Guard and other units and sites as assigned using C3CEN approved course material.
• Make all exportable classroom arrangements, including obtaining quotes for classroom space rental as/if applicable and the packaging and shipment (utilizing Coast Guard Supply facilities) of any and all classroom equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have or have the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience as an Instructor. Demonstrated Expert: Preferred Subject matter Expert in the field of the topic to be instructed. At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience as an Instructor, with military training and experience as an Instructor), using U.S. Navy instructional techniques with strong communications skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Project.
• Superior time management and organizational skills.
• Strong quality assurance skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job while working in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Short duration shipboard time on U.S. Coast Guard vessels may be required.
Allen Corporation of America, Inc. - 19 months ago