A government facility in Kansas is looking for a psychiatrist to fill a need.
The facility is located near Topeka.
BCLS certification is needed.
The opportunity will be on a Locums basis until 2014.
Tasks will include:
Please call to discuss pay rates and other specifics of this opportunity.
- Provide comprehensive evaluations of patients according to the quality assurance guidelines of psychiatry.
- Review patient history and social work evaluations and interview patients to obtain insight into their problems and determine the need for long-term residential treatment.
- Perform mental status evaluations, formulations, diagnosis and detailed treatment plans utilizing a bio-psychosocial paradigm. Shall make referrals for further diagnostic psychological or medical testing as needed.
- Provide individual, group, family and pharmacologic therapeutic interventions as necessary.
- Provide crisis intervention and referral for psychiatric hospitalization.
- Provide psychotherapy to include group, individual, behavior modification and drug therapy.
- Shall work as a team member with other psychiatrists, social workers, psychologists and behavior science specialists to coordinate evaluations, treatment planning and referrals. Determine the need for supplemental data such as psychosocial history, medical history, neurological or other medical procedures or tests, etc. Establish diagnosis and treatment plans for each patient.
- Prepare inpatient workup to include history and physician treatment plan.
- Provide consultations on psychiatric disease to the MTF staff physicians.
- Shall maintain documentation, records and reports in accordance with MTF rules and regulations.
- As appropriate, shall communicate with patients, patient’s families and others to obtain personal and social information pertinent to the development of adjustment difficulty and to ascertain probable impact on the individual, unit and community.
NAPR.org - 11 months ago