HealthSpring, a Cigna company, is one of the country's leading health plans focused on delivering care to the senior population, predominately through Medicare Advantage and other Medicare and Medicaid products. Along with its companies Bravo Health and Leon Medical Centers Health Plans, HealthSpring serves more than one million customers in locations across the country. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthSpring operates health plans in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. HealthSpring also offers a national stand-alone prescription drug plan. For more information, visit www.cigna.com.
Coding Quality Specialist
Responsible for reviewing and auditing coded records across markets for coding quality. Responsible for reporting findings, making recommendations, and creating action plans.
- Responsible for conducting reviews/audits on coded records to ensure that the assigned ICD code(s) follow guidelines and are supported by the clinical documentation.
- Responsible for reporting findings for proper distribution and education. Ensures policies and procedures are monitored and updated to include regulatory changes.
- Responsible for reporting findings, making recommendations and creating action plans for distribution to the appropriate coding teams.
- Ensures compliance with recommendations.
- Responsible for reporting trends and suggesting processes to monitor and/or improve areas of need discovered during review/audit.
- May act as team lead for a team of Provider Coding Specialists
Minimum Requirements for the Coding Quality Specialist includes the following:
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred and at least three years of coding experience is required.
Some type of coding certification is also required and may include the following:
1 Certified Professional Coder (CPC),
2 Certified Coding Specialist for Providers (CCS-P),
3 Certified Coding Specialist for Hospitals (CCS-H),
4 Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT),
5 Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), .
Additional requirements for this opportunity include:
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM, CPT, and CMS coding principles and guidelines. (Diagnostic coding experience is highly preferred.)
- Prior audit / quality experience.
- At least two years managed care experience.
- Familiarity with physician-specific regulations and polices related to documentation and coding.
- Knowledge of Medicare Risk Adjustment guidelines.
- Proficiency with ICD-9-CM/ ICD-10-CM coding.
- Must be detail oriented, self motivated, and have excellent organization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel. .
CIGNA - 20 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...