The Department of Art Conservation, at the University of Delaware, seeks an Assistant Professor in Historic Materials for a one-year temporary faculty appointment beginning September 1, 2013.
Responsibilities will include:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree in Art Conservation is required. Teaching experience at the college level is required therefore successful candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in teaching and excellent communication skills. The ideal applicant will be a generalist in Historic Art Materials and Techniques and be able to work with materials across disciplines and historic artifacts categories. Application deadline: March 15,2013
- Teach within the core curriculum three undergraduate courses per semester in historic techniques and technical art history.
- Provide guidance in research projects to undergraduate students.
- Advise undergraduate and some Master’s-level students.
- Serve on departmental, college and university committees.
- Help to arrange summer internships.
- Collaborate with faculty in the Art History and Art Departments.
- Represent the department in professional organizations, both local and national; and other responsibilities as assigned by the department Chair.
University of Delaware - 22 months ago