Pilgrim's Corporation employs approximately 38,000 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers, foodservice distributors and restaurants. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Coordinates and directs the activities of the department to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality. Inspects product to verify production specifications are met. Trains and supervises processing personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of departmental operations and personnel to meet established production, quality control and safety standards.
- Ensures activities meet short-term goals established for processing continuity and balance such as creating shift schedules, ordering materials, machine loading, grievance resolution and equipment maintenance.
- Works with other plant function areas as needed to ensure support in attaining output, productivity and quality.
- Schedules, trains and motivates processing labor force to ensure consistent attainment of processing schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels. Interviews and recommends individuals for open positions.
- Recommends improvements in production flow or methods.
- Uses operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Notifies management personnel of machines and/or equipment that could be modified to improve processing and quality of products.
- Responsible for daily departmental safety inspections, safety observations and incident investigations on an as needed basis.
- Maintains compliance with Pilgrim's Cardinal Safety Rules. Must complete DuPont Safety Observation training.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; College Degree in related field preferred.
- 3 or more years of previous Supervisory experience.
- Poultry or food industry experience a plus.
- Previous leadership skills with 20 or more employees.
- Effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Capable of independent decision making.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Pilgrim’s Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
Pilgrim's - 9 months ago