PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To analyze, document, test and complete safety compliance on new and existing products to assure quality, safety and legal compliance.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Ensures products meet minimum quality standards and protocols, for example, ASME, OSHA, ANSI, UL.
· Communicates with vendors to arrange testing and resolve any open corrective actions.
· Ensures products meet minimum standards on design, manuals, labels and packaging.
· Conducts product reviews with recommendations for design modifications to meet appropriate compliance standards.
· Coordinates compliance activities for assigned products to meet all aspects of product safety.
· Communicates directly with Equipment vendors, insurance companies, merchants and warehouse senior management on product quality, safety and packaging resolution.
· Uses root cause analysis during reviews and takes effective corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
· Helps drive corrective actions to the source of the problem.
· Identifies area/issue in need of continuous improvement based on customer feedback and internal information.
· Maintains current knowledge of agency standards, protocols and testing procedures.
· Reports on advanced quality planning process through various audits, data analysis and advanced quality planning database.
· Provides other quality reports, records and plans as required and/or requested.
· Develops and maintains product quality, policies and standard operating procedures to effectively accomplish department goals.
· Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
· Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
· 5-7 years of related job experience in product quality engineering, Oil and Gas services
· 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
· Ability to actively pursue and complete complex projects with minimal instructions under budget restrictions and limited time requirements.
· Must exhibit sound decision making abilities.
· Proficient in use of computer and software.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, suppliers and others.
· Travel as required.
Wood Group PSN - 21 months ago