Gerdau is currently seeking a Category Manager - Capital Construction & Installation for its Tampa, FL Corporate offices.
The primary function of this position is to coordinate and manage the strategic procurement process for assigned categories to ensure the cost effective acquisition of goods and services for Gerdau North America. These activities include but are not limited to the development and execution of procurement strategies, bid process and negotiations, team-based supplier selection and development, and contract management.
This job reports directly to the Manager, Commodities and Service Corp for the assigned area of responsibility – Capital Construction & Installation.
The main objective for the Category Management Analyst is to effectively manage the strategic procurement process by developing effective supply programs that decrease total cost of ownership. The Category Management Analyst is responsible for developing sourcing strategies, leading the competitive bid and supplier selection process, negotiating with suppliers, and managing supplier relationships, including contract development and administration. The Category Management Analyst carries out company policies regarding procurement practices, standards, and ethical conduct to ensure the fair, effective, and competitive sourcing of goods and services throughout the operating units. Continuous contact with field personnel, operations management, and suppliers is required to ensure a high standard of professional practices and results, to optimize the acquisition process, and achievement of financial objectives.
1. Lead the development of procurement strategies for assigned categories at all levels (global, national, & regional), ensuring cost-effective results and ethical procurement practices.
• Analyze category market attributes such as number of suppliers, competitiveness, logistics, technology, criticality, market complexity, etc.
• Engage internal customers to fully understand the impact of each category to the operation.
• Utilize market and business intelligence to effectively develop procurement strategies.
2. Continuously gather and maintain pertinent key supplier and market intelligence for assigned categories, such as financial performance, business activities, negotiation history, cost drivers, and supplier performance in order to support effective decision making, negotiation planning, and to reduce supply chain risk.
3. Negotiate, develop, and manage supply agreements for assigned categories.
• Lead the development of Requests for Quotations and Requests for Proposals.
• Effectively manage the competitive bid process.
• Analyze competitive bids and develop negotiation strategies.
• Negotiate and develop agreements for assigned categories.
4. Ensure that contracts are accurately initiated and maintained in SAP. This includes key information such as price, lead time, incoterms, etc.
5. Effectively execute the supplier performance evaluation and development process with key stakeholders.
• Monitor supplier performance and engage key stakeholders for input.
• Periodically meet with suppliers to develop actions to improve supplier performance and/or capabilities.
6. Work with key stakeholders to identify, plan, and execute continuous improvement opportunities to decrease total cost of ownership.
• Annually meet with key stakeholders to identify areas for continuous improvement as it pertains to procurement.
• Facilitate the engagement of suppliers to assist in the action plan to improve total cost of ownership.
7. Stay engaged with business activities by attending routine meetings with key stakeholders.
8. Carry out company policies regarding procurement practices, standards and ethical conduct to ensure a fair, effective, and competitive sourcing process throughout the organization.
9. Assist with the development of policies and procedures regarding service delivery model and the strategic procurement process. Train procurement staff and non-procurement personnel on processes and procedures.
10. Under the direction of senior procurement personnel, work with local and regional procurement and operations personnel to implement inventory policies for assigned categories.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business Administration
• 3-5 years of procurement experience required
• Exposure to an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred
• Previous experience in category management/strategic sourcing with spend responsibility of $50M-$100M preferred
• Project management, strategic planning, performance management, contract negotiations and working in cross-functional teams required
• Strong analytical skills
• Professional certification in Procurement or Supply Chain Management preferred.
• SAP Preferred
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical and Prescription
Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Gerdau Ameristeel puts its stamp on the steel business in the US. The company is one of the largest minimill steelmakers in North America,...