Responsible for sourcing and originating first mortgage loans through traveling to, and building relationships with, realtors and home construction companies. Also responsible for cross-selling bank products and works to build the Bank’s image and multiple customer relationships. The regulations implementing the Secure and Fair Enforcement (S.A.F.E.) Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
1. Sources and obtains first mortgage inquiries from existing customer base, bank referrals, and external business sources using targeted marketing and/or advertising efforts.
2. Conducts presentations at branches, real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer’s seminars or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business.
3. Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk to the Bank.
4. Advises new and existing customers on various loan programs based on the customers’ financial needs.
5. Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data.
6. Analyzes current rates and loan programs and provides accurate and timely information to customers.
7. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
8. Acts as liaison with borrowers/customers, other bank employees, outside entities (realtors, title and escrow officers, etc.) as well as other division staff, to facilitate a prompt, efficient closing of each loan.
9. Keeps informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages.
10. Manages pipeline to ensure service standards and financial goals are met.
11. Consistently works in accordance to published department sales and service standards.
12. Transacts business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA and Fair Lending Practices.
13. Consistently manages to prescribed personal and business unit sales plans as well as the overall strategy of Mortgage Banking.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
• Two to three years mortgage sales experience
Field of Experience
• Prior experience, with proven results, in first mortgage sales and customer service preferred.
• Financial products or services experience is highly desirable.
• Advanced written and verbal communications
• Superior listening
• PC proficiencies
• Perform math and analysis
• Compose letters/memos
• Filing and typing documents
• Maintain logs
• Research information
• Bank product and service knowledge
• Proactive problem resolution
• Negotiation skills
• Planning and organizing
• Ability to work independently
• No supervisory responsibility
• Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West - 15 months ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...