Performs Quality Assurance (QA) activities to improve and maintain quality processes and procedures and where applicable to assist in the attainment of ISO or other Quality certifications.
1. Performs comprehensive analysis of contract requirements to determine what quality characteristics are to be controlled: manufacturing, inspection, test equipment required, controls of special processes, and precise skills needed to ensure their application.
2. Reviews contract data item descriptions and requirements and establishes the necessary controls to assure compliance.
3. Designs reviews to assure that designs permit and facilitate productibility, repeatability, and inspectability and that related quality considerations are obtained in order to assure product quality.
4. Prepares Quality Program Plans, defining the responsibility and authority of all functions necessary to comply with the provisions of military specifications and contract requirements.
5. Generates, reviews, and approves various types of specifications, drawings, and acceptance test procedures to ensure that they contain sufficient quality requirements and comply with military specifications and contract requirements.
6. Conducts engineering evaluations and Change Control Boards to ensure designs and changes proposed are within the scope of IEWS and contract definitions and requirements. Coordinate submittal with the customer.
7. Participates in proposal preparation. Under the guidance of Sr. Quality Assurance personnel, defines tasks necessary to be responsive in accomplishing tasks. Writes rationale that justifies estimated costs and describes specific tasks to be accomplished.
8. Reviews procurement documents to ensure that all provisions necessary for the suppliers to achieve control of the quality of the product being procured are included and adds any requirements necessary to assure product quality.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree and 4 year(s) related experience
Associates Degree and 6 year(s) related experience
High School Diploma or GED and 8 year(s) related experience
Knowledge of quality standards including AS9100 and ISO9001: 2000.
Must understand and be able to apply basic quality inspection and electronic testing techniques; must be able to read and comprehend assembly drawing and component data sheets
Experience with development of quality inspection procedures and work instructions. IPC J-STD-001 Certification IPC WHMA-A-620 Certification
BAE Systems - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...