As the Associate Physical Security Technician for Diebold Inc, you will p rovide on-site maintenance and repair services to commercial Diebold customers within an assigned territory. Perform intermediate level maintenance on assigned products, such as safes, locks, under-counter teller equipment, safe deposit boxes, and vaults. Follow call handling and call closure procedures consistently while promoting a high quality of service. Prioritize calls and act decisively on behalf of the customer. You will also be responsible for follow-through to ensure call completion.
Some essential functions of this position include:
· Demonstrate beginner to intermediate knowledge of the physical security devices that Diebold installs and services, including:
· Perform service on physical security devices, including lock combination changes, replacement of under-counter locks, safe deposit box drillings, programming of basic electronic combination locks, and duplicating keys. With experience, duties may also include repairing timelocks and reworking bolts, performing basic repair of hydraulic doors, perform some modification of safe and AHD linkage, and drill most safes/locks.
· Perform preventative maintenance on safes, safe deposit boxes, AHD's, and vault doors, including steel and timelock cleanings.
· Assist in simple installations, occasionally assist in complex installations
· Request and sharing technical knowledge and assistance with other team members as needed
· Escalate and resolve issues when appropriate
· Engage in team meetings to drive performance improvements
· Achieve monthly service performance metrics
· Use various hand and power tools; occasionally using ladders
· Maintain parts inventories and anticipate parts required to meet or exceed goals. Assist in inventory management for the Service Technician team.
· Act as a Notary during service calls where required by customer.
· Background of at least 6 months visual and trial by error mechanical troubleshooting experience and beginner diagnostic capabilities wanted. Vault, safe, and lock maintenance and troubleshooting knowledge and experience desired.
· Beginner to intermediate PC skills using Windows desired. This includes the ability to navigate the internet and internal documentation to locate solutions. Must be able to read blueprints for drill point requirements.
· Must display a strong sense of urgency, organizational skills, and maintain a professional presence.
· Must function in a team environment, demonstrating the ability to receive direction from and provide assistance to other team members. Demonstrate initiative, escalating and resolving issues at the service call level.
· Strong customer service skills are required and may be demonstrated through setting appointments, maintaining positive interaction with the customer during a service call, attending customer meetings and conducting customer training.
· May be required to obtain a Notary Public designation in areas where required by customer.
· Acceptable driving record and valid driver's license required.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, occasionally lifts heavy loads, bend, stoop, and reach required.
Diebold, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diebold - 20 months ago
Cash is king at Diebold. The company is one of the leading producers of automated teller machines (ATMs). In addition, Diebold offers remote...