The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for providing engineering expertise and technical support for all technologies (hardware, software and network) used within the VCMS v2.0 system.
This role requires in-depth systems engineering/administration knowledge as well as IP networking skills and thorough familiarity with Unix-based and Windows-based servers. This position is part of a small, integral group and the individual must be able to work both independently and within an interdisciplinary team. The SA shows strong initiative and is comfortable both with maintaining and operating the lab environments as well as with interacting with internal clients and vendors. This role accepts that priorities can change rapidly, and is able to shift activities without stress or resistance, constantly seeking to improve efficiency and quality of technical support.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Work with the various VDMS VCMS teams to ensure all operational support technologies are available for daily use as required to support the VCMS service offerings in the lab environments
- Support testing and evaluation of new technologies to be deployed within the VCMS
- Document and refine maintenance and support procedures for the VCMS environment
- Test a wide variety of video, audio and metadata applications running on both hardware and software
- Identify, prioritize, resolve, document and communicate both technical and operational issues without micro-management
- Provide thorough, detailed, clear and concise written documentation
- Interact with internal clients and vendors as part of engineering and administration activities such as customer support, technical and operational integration, and system maintenance
- Coordinate and manage diverse technical support tasks
- Maintain high satisfaction (both internal and external) through successful and timely resolution of technical problems
- Submit regular status updates and reports to a supervisor
- Perform system administration, maintenance, upgrades of the lab environment(s) and supporting workstations
- Work closely with network planning and engineering to define requirements, and to deploy new technologies into the VCMS environment
The candidate must have indepth knowledge of the VDMS VCMS v2.0 platform and the integrated applications, including:
Additionally, expertise and extensive experience including,
- Asset Deliver (Aspera, Signiant, SFTP, RSYNC)
- Metadata (OpenText)
- Workflow (IBM WebSphere)
- Database (Oracle, MS SQL, Cassandra, Zookeeper, MySQL, Postgres, Zope)
- Synchronization (Oracle GoldenGate, Aspera Sync)
- Key Mgmt (Motorola KMS)
- Digital Rights (SecureMedia, Widevine, PlayReady)
- Data Collection (HP Data Collector)
- API Gateway (Apigee)
- CDN (IIS Origin Server, Apache Origin Server)
- Logging (Splunk)
- Reporting/Metrics (ComScore)
1) In-depth experience with RedHat 6.3 – installation from scratch, network the system, work with 3rd party vendor to install middleware (ex Oracle database, WebSphere)
2) Experience with VMWare 4.x or 5.x; ESX or ESXi, vCenter and/or vCloud. ESX/VM/Storage/Network configuration.
3) Familiar with VLAN tagging – able to configure VLAN tagging on Linux and/or ESX/ESXi
4) Network Linux system, configure DNS client, SMTP relay email. Create users, update kernel parameter, check system performance.
5) Have experience setting up DNS servers (Linux and/or Windows); understand different type of DNS records.
6) Able to configure NFS on Linux system; map CIFS on Window system
7) Have experience with Windnows Active Directory; create users and maintain group permission .
8) Have experience with Network Appliance or similar file server; provision volumes, create NFS/CIFS shares and export to client.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Skills should include:
Back to Search Results
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to offer multiple solutions to technical and operational problems and challenges.
- Ability to estimate problem resolution times, either independently or in collaboration with other team members
- Experience with software and hardware evaluation and selection
- Experience deploying and maintaining network and server infrastructure in a data center environment
- Detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking, self-directed; with proven ability to prioritize tasks
- In-depth knowledge of operational monitoring and surveillance tools
- Fluency with all basic MS Windows Office components (Word, Excel, Outlook, IE), advanced knowledge of these along with some experience of Access and Project is desirable
Verizon - 14 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...