To supervise the Epic Security team providing implementation support, technology consultation, and operational support to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta user community. To advocate for users’ needs and coordinate support requests within or with IS&T. The Team Lead is responsible for the training, coaching and mentoring of team members. Serve as a point of escalation for support and expert resource needs. Take a lead role in working with management to research and propose application support strategies and goals. To proactively support the efforts that ensures delivery of safe patient care and services and to promote a safe environment at Children's.
Our team of passionate and dedicated people enable the Children's information security program as well as electronic medical records (Epic) security and Epic foundations. This includes strategy, project execution and operations spanning 8,000 users, three world-class pediatric hospitals (496 beds), 17 neighborhood locations, Marcus Autism Center, physician group practices, and other related facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide technology consulting and customer support services to service lines, departments, individuals, and co-workers. Demonstrated by minimally performing the following tasks:
Meeting independently and proactively with department heads and/or super-users on a routine basis to identify and prioritize their needs. Documenting and addressing needs, indicating responsible parties and due dates.
Oversee that Helpdesk calls are handled within designated times according to priority to insure that break/fix issues are addressed and documented.
Coordinate programming, project and capital requests with the appropriate IS&T teams.
Maintain a strong and positive relationship with all application vendors. e. Is the point of escalation for issue resolution and documentation.
2. Provide high level of project management services and support demonstrating the ability to perform independently with broad scope projects. Demonstrated by minimally performing the following tasks:
When managing a project; ensure that the project and documentation follows IS&T Project Management Protocols.
When participating as a team member on a project, provide input that advocates the user perspective demonstrating the ability to provide expert knowledge and leadership. The focus should be on the ability to support the system post live with complete system documentation.
Work with End Users to complete Project Request forms as needed.
3. Provide support services independently including but not limited to; high level applications software support, coordination of programming requests, system upgrade coordination, vendor liaison, and on-call coverage. Acts as a point of escalation for team members in providing these services.
4. Oversees the documentation of support processes, oversees team status reporting and responsible for escalating issues and resource needs.
5. Ensure compliance with IS&T, Children’s, JCAHO and HIPPA guidelines, policies and procedures.
6. Oversees the training, coaching, and mentoring of team members by managing the orientation and training of new employees. Serving as a resource for new employees and other staff members, and mentoring the professional growth and development of team members from an application support and customer service perspective.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent experience.
Minimum of five years experience in a healthcare or business environment.
Two years employment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in an applications support capacity or similar experience from the Healthcare industry.
Epic Security and SER experience.
Epic certification in one or more application.
Epic Security Coordinator certification preferred or certification required within 180 days of hire.
Demonstrate broad-based experience with generally known project management software and commercially available healthcare and business software packages.
Must demonstrate ability to lead projects from inception to completion without management supervision and to provide leadership support to other team members.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be able to demonstrate well developed and proven organizational, problem solving, analytical and time management skills.
Must be able to demonstrate project management, customer service and support skills.
Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to changes in schedules and priorities.
Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently.
Must be able to apply creative methods to analyze and enhance workflow efficiencies.
Must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines, including administrative and executive staff.
Children's Office Park
Hours Per Week
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - 10 months ago
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a not-for-profit hospital system that specializes in pediatric health care, research, and...