Cigna Pharmacy Management’s (CPM) multi-year roadmap will deliver strategic improvements to both pharmacy and medical claim systems, will establish a pharmacy benefit product and flexible network configurations for use in Exchanges and will develop campaign management, drug catalog, and data warehouse capabilities. The roadmap also includes enhancing capabilities related to CPM’s home delivery and specialty pharmacy fulfillment operations. The Business Project Sr Specialist may be involved in one or more roadmap work-streams.
The Business Project Sr Specialist leads mid-sized time-limited project or components of a larger project for Cigna Pharmacy Management (CPM),and directs one or more teams of business consultants involved in the evaluation of systems requirements and/or the development of new procedures/processes/or policy solutions to address highly complex business needs. Assesses impact and implications of issues from a cost, efficiency, contractual, legal and/or regulatory standpoint. Determines requirements, plans projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress. Evaluates project status and resource utilization and implements changes to improve the team's effectiveness and delivery. Compiles and analyzes results of services for identification of improvement opportunities. Defines and consults on measurement strategies, tools, scorecards and surveys. Provides services benchmarking and industry comparative analysis support. Provides measurement and cost savings support (development, reporting, validation and improvement) for the business. Coordinates with other project managers. May have responsibility for people management or may be an individual contributor (depending on work stream) working on significant processes utilizing independent judgment and discretion within a large business organization or across various functional areas. Actions will have significant impact on key department objectives..
- Serve as business subject matter expert for one or more roadmap workstreams, understanding the business strategy, objectives, and detailed business processes utilized to provide pharmacy services to our customers and clients.
- Consult with business and IT management to formulate systems / process solutions for business needs in conjunction with Business / IT Roadmap. Support design phases, insuring solutions meet needs.
- Identify and recommend solutions to complex business needs / issues and assess impact and implications on roadmap from a cost, efficiency, and other perspectives.
- Fully engage with Business / IT project managers to align priorities, to deliver on workplan, and ensure effective communication and resolution of business related design issues.
- Perform planning, analysis and critical assessments of strategic and operational business needs, and translate them into meaningful and accurate business requirements. Evaluate business requirements and operational readiness in support of roadmap activities in a matrix environment.
- Evaluate impacts to business and designs efficient modifications to business processes and ensures effective utilization of new systems functionality.
- Generate business policies, standards and procedures required from business changes.
- Be a key contributor to the development and /or refresh of the multi-year pharmacy business / IT Roadmap and related business cases.
- Bachelors Degree in business, healthcare or related profession and at least five, typically eight years of solid, diverse work experience.
- Project management experience required
- Demonstrated experience establishing and delivering on complex projects within agreed upon timeframes which achieving business goals and strategy
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Knowledge of Pharmacy or Healthcare and related products.
- Knowledge of pharmacy benefit management, with understanding of PBM terminology preferred.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and detail orientation skills essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with business partners.
- Sound decision-making and influencing skills.
CIGNA - 10 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...