A Regional Sales Executive (RSE) is responsible for all sales activities, from forecasting and lead generation through the close of the sale including achievement of revenue quotas, total solution selling and account management. Develops and implements agreed upon plan which will meet both personal and company goals of expanding customer base.They work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
The Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the assigned publisher accounts with ongoing responsibility for relationship building, and recognizing sales and partnership opportunities for growing revenue.
Day to day responsibilities include coordinating activities needed to complete software applications for major educational publishers. The position requires coordination with external customers as well as responsibility for activities performed by internal staff members.
Key position attributes include:
Managing the assigned publisher accounts with responsibility for relationship building, knowledge of current and emerging publisher products and recognizing mutually beneficial sales and partnership opportunities.
Serving as a liaison with publishers’ editors in scheduling and managing projects.
Core Performance Factors
The core performance factors described below are essential for success:
- Responsible for an assigned geographic territory with responsibility for all school, district, university, and state and local government clients within assigned territory.
- Responsible to work with all channel partners as part of building end user sales strategies within assigned territory.
- Must exhibit a thorough knowledge of eInstruction’s products and services as well as internal processes for all our products and services; Understandsand supports sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment for all customers. Conduct product demonstrations to customers as needed
- Assist all end user clients in understanding all of eInstruction’s solutions and services in order to select the proper solution, or suggest refinements or additions to suggested solutions which may enhance customer outcomes or respond to newly defined customer needs.
- Grow assigned account base by establishing relationships and uncovering new opportunities
- Provide accurate forecasting of sales revenue monthly.
- Assists resellers and sales consultants (partners) with product knowledge, account strategies and territory planning to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Travels up to 75% of the time or more as required to meet position requirements.
- Works closely with channel partners to plan and attend trade shows, sales exhibits and product demonstrations to groups of all sizes, maximizing eInstruction’s and thechannel partners’ ROI Conducts formal and informal presentations utilizing MS Office applications and Company interactive products.
- Maintains complete and timely documentation of account activities within corporate CRM solution (SFDC): records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, forecasts, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Customer Focused:
Identifies or anticipates customer needs and exceeds customer expectations. Serves as the customer champion by actively improving the customer sales experience (product knowledge, presentation, timeliness, etc.).
- Quality Minded:
Produces work (products, services, processes, or other outcomes) that is virtually error free and exceeds external and internal customer expectations. Minimizes rework by exhibiting foresight, displaying ownership, and applying diligence.
- Decision Making/Initiative:
Makes reasonable, defensible decisions within scope of authority, seeking approval as needed. Takes initiative and works autonomously to achieve product goals (quality, schedule, etc.).
Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Effectively juggles multiple projects and anticipates reasonable contingencies. Effectively balances resource and time constraints with deadlines.
Works effectively with colleagues, employees, vendors, and others in order to achieve meaningful results and maintain positive, productive working relationships. Purposely seeks out others for views, guidance, and ideas. Actively participates in solving problems, making decisions, completing tasks, and accomplishing goals.
- Able to communicate in an appropriate and effective manner with customers, team members and management staff at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively utilize MS Office applications and Company interactive products to enhance communication.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated functional proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to use database software.
- Continuously improves knowledge base of eInstruction product lines. Previous experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Organized; able to follow through on detail work while maintaining rigorous travel schedule.
- Team orientation, both within the Company and with outside partners.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with channel partners.
- Adept at learning and utilizing technology related to all Company product lines.
- Practices solid judgment and problem solving skills.
- Maintains excellent work ethic and high integrity at all times.
- Monitors and follows through on daily, weekly and monthly goals.
Equipment and Applications
PC and Apple computers and various software applications. Occasional travel may be required.
- BS/BA degree from accredited college or university
- Plus at least three years channel sales experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is an outstanding opportunity to leverage your experience with a dynamic, growing company! We offer competitive salaries and benefits, challenging and rewarding work, and the opportunity to learn and grow with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.
- 2 years ago - save job