Requisition ID: 60648
- Organization: BSII
- Location: Pueblo, CO
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Closing Date: 3/6/13
Work Location: Pueblo Chemical Depot – Pueblo, CO. Unescorted access to the Chemical Limited Area candidate must successfully clear National Agency Check (NAC); all employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction site. Eligible Foreign National applicants must possess a US Government issued Green Card and successfully go through a government screening process. Based on project goals and objectives, candidates established within our local community are desirable.
- Responsible for leading a small group of engineers and designers, and oversight of the Plant Design Resident Engineering Group (6-8 personnel) with approval authority for field change documents.
- Work under the direction of the Project Engineering Manager.
- The successful candidate will have a sound overall knowledge of design techniques and work processes involved in the Plant Design Discipline.
- Coordination and final approval of field change documents associated with pipe support structural designs, pipe stress analysis with adherence to project engineering procedures.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines as well as Construction and Startup will be required.
- Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Provides technical direction for specific tasks and assigns work to subordinate senior engineers, engineers, designers, drafters or project sub-groups.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited university or college with 9 years of progressive related experience.
- Related experience includes but is not limited to experience in Pipe and Valve engineering or developing pipe support or pipe stress calculations with an overall understanding of work processes and the codes and standards involved (ASME B31, AISC, etc)
- Demonstrated experience as a Lead Engineer and/or Supervisor is required.
- Right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Salary and grade commensurate with experience and education.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
- Prior experience as a Pipe & Valve engineer working with Bechtel standard Piping Material Class Sheets.
- Previous Pipe & Valve engineering experience
- Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience
- Knowledge of Bechtel BSAP’s and EDP’s
Assignment Duration: 12 – 24 months
This is a long-term assignment. Hours are from 6:30am – 5:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
During operations, in approximately 2015, this project will be subject to the Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety) which governs persons performing work under the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Depending on the work performed and the access granted a government security investigation and other physical requirements such as respirators may be mandated. Eligibility to be placed in a PRP or UAP position requires US citizenship.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 19 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...