Provide project management support for the implementation of NewsGator product lines, including desktop products, Enterprise products, SharePoint solutions, web-based products, and NewsGator web services. This position is customer facing, in both a pre- and post- sale capacity, and requires some travel to / contact with NewsGator enterprise customers typically customer Project Management, Business Analyst, Business User, IT Support, and Executive Management. Candidate must have strong background managing enterprise software deployment projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-sales support in scoping, quoting and scheduling post-sale deployment activities and generating a Statement of Work relative to the work activities as understood.
- Act in a consultative capacity helping clients with best practices and functional and technical best practices around NG products.
- Develop, iterate and agree with a client, manage to and update status relative to a project schedule inclusive of all activities required for the successful deployment of NewsGator products.
- Oversee the successful and professional completion, delivery, review and iteration of all project deliverables.
- Manage a team of technical professionals, including Business Analyst, Technical Architect, System Engineer, Development Resources (NG engineering and third party contracted), and Business Consultants in the successful execution of the project plan.
- Track team member time and manage projects to profitability based on estimates developed in pre-sales cycle and subsequent delivery activity.
- Facilitate Lesson Learned sessions after engagements and integrate session output with departmental processes or client interactions.
- Report, escalate, and manage through resolution with NG engineering product issues and enhancements as required by the customer, and communicate appropriate planning with the customer team.
- Create, maintain, and enhance product(s) knowledge base, including technical articles, FAQ’s, sample applications, and/or demonstrations.
- Serve as customer advocate and always provide exceptional customer care.
- BS in Business Information System, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of consulting or software professional service experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience technology related project management experience.
- Expertise with Project Management skills and disciplines for enterprise software deployment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage and solve complex customer support issues in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to effectively interact and manage customer issues either onsite or remotely, including difficult and potentially hostile customer interactions.
- Proven ability to be “passionate” about customer success.
- Previous experience with Enterprise / Web 2.0 technology deployments
- Expertise with Microsoft SharePoint 2003/2007, MOSS, and SharePoint 2010 technologies in a consulting capacity
- Past Systems Administration experience
Travel 25% but can go up to 50%
Normal business hours are 8-5. We are a fast moving, rapidly growing company requiring extra effort when needed to meet aggressive deadlines.
NewsGator has been making social a reality for global organizations for as long as social business solutions have been around. We’re...