The Configuration Analyst I position is a senior level position which requires strong analytical and problem solving
skills as well as solid industry knowledge and sufficient system testing and configuration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or 5+ years of experience and background to equate to the degree in technology, management
or clinical discipline
- Has a working knowledge of system development life cycle processes
- Experience in identifying solutions to resolve design issues and to effectively communicate these solutions to the
- Experience in translating the results of design sessions into configuration requirements
- Exceptional ability to identify and track issues and drive them to a conclusion
- Experience producing project artifacts to include status reports, business requirements, non-technical design
- Experience in user acceptance testing based on business and configuration requirements.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including customer needs
assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and to interact, influence
and negotiate effectively at all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a deadline driven environment with accurate
resource and time estimates
- Confident team builder and leader with strong motivational skills. Adept in problem solving and resolving
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to facilitate meetings and workgroups, as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook.
- Clinical, Healthcare, operational and technology experience preferred
- 10+ years of experience and background to equate to the degree in technology, management or clinical discipline
- 7+ years of analysis experience in Healthcare Industry
- Minimum 5 years of testing and configuration experience
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following disciplines: member benefits, provider contracts, claim
pricing, clinical review/authorizations
- Proficient in MS Project
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following items:
- Work with key project stakeholders to formulate and communicate business requirements and scope of project
- Work with project stakeholders to translate their requirements into specifications technical staff can understand
and also translate questions that technical staff has into a format the stakeholders can understand
- Work with stakeholders to validate their requirements
- Write use cases as part of the requirements document
- Unit tests upon development to ensure requirements have been met
- Identify potential areas of automation and aid in re-engineering the underlying business processes
- Responsible for coordination of production turnover of all configuration work upon user sign off
- Work with business areas to understand and implement all contract configurations and benefit configurations
- Develop test cases and documentation to support configuration changes/updates/additions
- Set up test environment and prioritize testing
- Responsible for configuration unit testing
- Perform root cause analysis and issue resolution ( support tickets)
- Execute and track test cases and documentation to support configuration changes/updates/additions
- Execute and track test cases and documentation to support software implementations
- Responsible for configuration, interface and application testing
- Responsible for User Acceptance testing and implementation support
- Develop and maintain standards for development of business processes and their documentation
- Develop and maintain standards for development of business cases and their documentation
- Customer focused
- Coordinate multiple simultaneous projects and initiatives
- As required, facilitates and leads meetings and selected workgroups
- Other duties as assigned.
Neighborhood is an EOE M/F/D/V and an E-Verify Employer.
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island - 19 months ago
The overall health of the people of Rhode Island is overseen by the Rhode Island Department of Health, which is overseen by a...